JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to change my user name

(Topic created: 10-05-2023 08:14 PM)
Members_tk6hAcn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have S23 since April 2023 with windows 10 hotspot.  I set up S23 using Galaxy for my hotspot name.   For whatever reason thought to change my S23 name going to About and changed name to xxxxxx.   How do I use xxxxxx to replace pop up I see in lower right corner of my Windows 10 showing name I set up on first day I set up s23 as a hot spot?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Members_tk6hAcn You need to click on the text "Mobile Hotspot" and it will open another screen where you can find the settings for the hotspot. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Members_tk6hAcn To change the hotspot name, go to phone settings -> Connections -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering -> Mobile Hotspot. Here you can change the Network name, password, and band. 

Members_tk6hAcn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

What I see when I do above is

Mobile Hotspot and Tethering

Mobile Hotspot

Bluetooth tethering off

USB tethering off

Ethernet tethering off

I am on line now with my windows 10 and hotspot with my S23 and no option to do as you say change my network name.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Members_tk6hAcn You need to click on the text "Mobile Hotspot" and it will open another screen where you can find the settings for the hotspot. 

Members_tk6hAcn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for replies.  This morning I did what is suggested above.  It was very simple and I am tempted change my mobile name every few months and my password. 

Thanks

0 Likes