Original topic:

Instagram videos timing out?

(Topic created: 05-04-2024 05:41 PM)
Smithint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23

Has anyone had this problem or can you suggest a fix. When your watching a Instagram video does you phone time out..?? And if so how can you correct this.. I don't think it ever did that with my other phone's but I've been noticing it lately. 

12 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
You can make a Routine that changes the screen timeout whenever you open Instagram.

I have a Routine on my phone that does that for game apps. All you would have to do is change the trigger to Instagram instead of the Gaming Hub. The screen timeout can be increased up to 10 minutes. 1707353697990.jpg1707353698008.jpg
0 Likes
Smithint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
When I played a game my screen never timed out. And when your watching videos on YouTube it doesn't time out or Facebook just Instagram...
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't like the YouTube app so I only watch their videos on a web browser or third-party app.

I don't use Instagram. I just thought you might want to try that Routine to see if it could keep Instagram from timing out on you. šŸ™‚
0 Likes
Smithint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Something changed since then and for the life of me I can't figure it out but I deal with it.
0 Likes
Loyd Koon
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Why don't you go under your display settings and look at what your screen timeout is set for. That's more simple than having to set a routine that hogs memory and battery
TheInca415
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
The phone should stay on when you looking at the phone. My S23 Ultra does that same trash. After watching a video or a reel my screen shuts off (black screen) completely. When I double tap the phone to wake it up it takes me to the beginning of IG and I loss my place. I shouldn't have to change my sleep time to 10min. If you forget then what, the phone just stays on for 10min no matter what? That's pointless, all that just to watch a 1min ig reel?
Smithint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Facts @TheInca415
0 Likes
mamacassi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes! It sucks!

Pavellis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same with me s23 plus, really annoying. Haven't found any relevant solution. Keep on while viewing is on, but not working in IG.

0 Likes