Original topic:

Iphone users not receiving group texts from Samsung

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
user2D45BEVY4F
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
When I text groups from my s23+ that include iphone users they are not receiving the text. My end shows the text has been sent but they are not receiving it. If I text a group chat with non iphone users everyone receive the text. I have powered off multiple times, disabled meet and turned off rcs. I can text iphone users individually.
5 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@user2D45BEVY4F This has nothing to do with you. It has to do with interactions between iPhone's iMessage and the international standard MMS/SMS. 

My wife's group of friends switched to WhatsApp probably a year ago. Previously some iPhone users received group messages while others did not. No consistency and very aggravating. They have had zero problems with group chats in WhatsApp. 

user2D45BEVY4F
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for your response. The issue started after the update this week.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@user2D45BEVY4F I doubt that it is related, but I guess there is that remote possibility. Remember that iPhone devices and apps get updates also. The backend systems at carriers which handle messages get updates. 

The simple path is to switch to common messaging app like WhatsApp, Signal, FB messenger, etc. With both sides running the same app. 

jared9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I also was experiencing this issue on my S21 in both Google Messages and Samsung Messages. This started after the latest update to my phone, but the issue was not the messaging app crashing like most people were experiencing. Some people were getting my texts, others weren't, but my phone was always telling me the texts were delivered. I tried restarting, disabling Google Meet, updating all apps, booting in safe mode, reseting mobile network settings, disabling RCS, turning off WiFi, etc. to no avail. One very interesting thing was happening though: I noticed that messages to my wife's work line (different carrier) were not being received, but messages to her personal line (same carrier) were working (2 lines on the same iPhone).

So I called TMobile and they weren't sure what was going on, but tried a network reset on their end, and after rebooting my phone, texts to my wife's work line (Verizon) started working again! Is my experience similar to anyone else?

user2D45BEVY4F
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I am on the phone with tmobile tech now...hopefully it fixes the issue. All my iphone users can receive my text individually but not in a group message. I have done everything you have and nothing works. Even tried resetting my daughter's iphone and she still doesn't receive my group messages.
0 Likes