Original topic:

Is there a fix to the S23 / Wi-fi 6 constant internet dropping issue?

(Topic created: 02-09-2024 05:17 PM)
userw5BhbDDAWV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Ive seen posts as far back as last year, my S23+ started this issue about a 2 -3 weeks ago.  The internet connection randomy drops then reconnects. Pages load slow or time out....apps open slow etc etc.  I have a Deco Mesh system with Wi-Fi 6.  Its worked fine with the phone since last summer until now.   Is or was there an official fix for this ?

Thanks so much!

cjclarke07
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same

dvwild
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
-i e had the s23 ultra for a year and never had any issue with it dropping wifi or mobile data. But a few weeks ago it started dropping wifi while playing COD mobile. I assumed it was some issue with the game bit it started doing it on other games also and it drops internet if I switch to mobile data also. I just had the one ui 6.1 update yesterday and was hoping it with fix the problem but it's still doing it
I'm thinking of resetting my phone but now I see other people having this issue I don't think factory reset will help
dvwild
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
-if someone does find a fix for this problem please post it
sundaylatte
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

For me, I found a fixed after switching the Mac address to Phone Mac instead of Randomized Mac. Check latest reply. 

0 Likes
userw5BhbDDAWV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

A user on another Samgsung forum posted about this issue being related to the wifi chip in the S23 and something specific to the 5GHz wifi channel.  The recommendation was to only use 2 GHz wifi 6 as the issue is in 5GHz.  I am running my phone on the 2GHz channel and it does better but not like when I bought the phone a year ago.   I am back to using cellular data at home so I can hold an internet connection and use my phone.  That user posted Samsung needs to provide an update that tells the wifi chip to ignor something about the 5GHz channel ( I cant repeat exactly what) and this would fix the problem.  Why doesent Samsung reply to these posts especially for such a widespread issue?

peejlawrej
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Its happening with network data not just wifi. And i have s22.
raguilera510
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Well I'm not alone. This phone is awesome but 5g was an issue since day 1 with my LTE being much faster than the 5g and no way to turn off 5g and also my wifi issues with the wifi 6. Samsung better step up
userw5BhbDDAWV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

If what I have read is correct this entire issue is related to the wifi chip used in production for the S23 models.   Samsung is still selling these on their website without acknowledging the fact that a fix has not been provided for the wifi 6 issue.  I doubt they would replace, repair or upgrade that many phones.  Until we get support for the 900 dollar phones we purchased we are stuck with phones that barely work on modern wifi.   That's the sad part. 

Members_IMcuyFT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I've been running into this same issue after upgrading to wifi 7 at home (wifi 6e backwards compatible; TP-Link Omada equipment) with my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. While I haven't been able to resolve the underlying cause, I have resolved the results by combining my 5GHz and 6GHz bands into the same SSID and then enabling band steering. I am no longer dropping wifi altogether; while I may see it shift (very occasionally) to the 5GHz band, it will jump back to (and stay on) the 6GHz band for extended periods. When it does shift to 5GHz, I'm up and walking around my home, as opposed to shifting when the phone is sitting on my desk 10' from the AP, so I'm assuming that it's shifting because I'm moving through an area of the home that has weaker 6GHz signal.  It's been a little over 2 weeks now since implementing the above solution and it's still stable.

3Fees
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I'd see if your router is recognizing your phone in attached devices and connection type 2.4, 5G ect. and on wireless setup make sure ax is enabled and try smart connect-let the router assign the best band width for your wifi connections, on lower bands security should be set at wpa 2 and wpa 3 personal, higher band's wpa 3. Upon checking my router, Just got a router update.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes