Original topic:

Lock screen editor is not working

(Topic created: Sunday)
Shivangvyas28
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
On my S23 Ultra, I am unable to edit my lock screen. Is this a common issue, or is my device the only one affected? If anyone knows how to resolve this problem, please let me know.
8 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

What do you mean by edit?  Change the wallpaper?  If you cannot edit it by long pressing on a blank area of the lock screen, go to settings/wallpaper and style/change wallpapers. (I am sure you know how to do this) After you tap on wallpapers, you will get a selection of wallpapers. Choose the one you want and then select which screen to apply it to. If you want to edit the clock and the placement of other elements, just click the image of the lock screen

If you are saying none of these options work, perhaps clearing the phone's cache partition will clear things up.  Have you been keeping up with your phone optimization?  Is this recent behavior? Started before or after any updates?

Shivangvyas28
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Changing the lock screen clock style and stuff.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Try the suggestions above. If you get to the lock screen edit, to chage the clock, click on the clock and choose another to your liking. You can choose a font style and you can move the clock where you want it.
Shivangvyas28
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I tried both ways still not working šŸ˜•
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
What is happening? Does the screen not shrink and enter edit mode? Does it enter edit mode and you can't edit?
Shivangvyas28
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
When it's locked, I tap and hold the screen, then I enter my password, and it goes directly to the home screen. When I am in the settings, the same thing happens.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

You can't do it when the screen is locked. Otherwise, as you noticed, you'll go straight to the home screen. However, you should be able to do it from the wallpaper and style setting screen once the phone is unlocked. Go to the wallpapers and style settings and when you see the two images of the lock screen and the home screen, tap on the lock screen image and you should be able to edit it.
1721040412255.jpg

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Another way to change Lock Screen settings is to download Good Lock from the Galaxy Store and install its Good Lock plug-in. Maybe this will help? 1721007438934.jpg