Original topic:

My S23 Ultra, does not give me the option to update to One UI 6.1

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
quirogami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Am I the only one? Help desk says the batches are not done being sent out for the update. I had it on my previous s23 Ultra but there was an issue and had to get a new one that is not allowing me to update.
18 Replies
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Think it's a new phone being picky or something not allowing it to uodate
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
You need to say if it's unlocked or locked and the carrier. Also, provide the model number, i.e., the first five digits after SM-.
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Be same regardless of carrier
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Carriers are different in terms of phone updates and what they allow to pull update from their servers. Unlocked and locked phones are also treated differently. They are not the same.
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Same updates sent to carrier so not totally correct
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Same update sent to carriers, yes. Differently modified update sent to users through different set of criteria by each carrier. They way AT&T does updates is different from how Verizon or T-Mobile pushes updates to their respective users.

Locked and unlocked phones don't necessarily get updates from the same source either.
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Can point to a newer post and older ones that disagree with you
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
It's not about posts. It's about reality. However, I am not arguing with you.
0 Likes
Budman88
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
You have to flash the software to the current provider you are using.
If it was an unlocked Att phone and you put a tmobile sim in it you won't get the updates until you flash the lastes tmobile software. I had to do it to mine.
Look on YouTube. It was fairly easy.
0 Likes