JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My S23 ultra hasn't received the one UI 6.0 update after network unlock

(Topic created: 01-07-2024 06:13 PM)
Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi, my S23 ultra haven't received the one UI 6.0 update after network unlock , any idea what's going on?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I left at&t and have Verizon now
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Alright, that explains. In this case, you need to ask someone for their active AT&T SIM card and then check for software update and install it. After that you can put your Verizon sim back and use it.

Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Well, if that's the case, then why my phone is only asking for software updates via WiFi only? I couldn't ever get it to software update unless WiFi is connected, which leads me to believe that it won't matter much what sim card is inserted. I'd still try that att active sim card solution though.
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I have done this years ago with another galaxy phone and yes, with AT&T SIM card you will need to be connected to Wi-Fi as well. The way I did it, is that I went to AT&T store and asked a sales guy a favor. So, he gave me a working sim card and I connected to wifi in the store and proceeded with all the updates phone offered.

Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
That's very helpful, thank you so much.
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
If the update situation with AT&T devices as it was years ago, then you might have to do this every update you want to install.

Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I might as well get an att sim card then, as this could be annoying to them at the store..
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
You don't really need to update on monthly basis, unless there is really important security fix. Just follow the tech news. Update every 3 months or so.

Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I just went ahead and switched carriers, went back to at&t and boom! Problem solved! Got the one UI 6.0 already with every other security update.. thanks for your help
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah ur core OS was setup for the AT&T network, there are different protocols that AT&T & Verizon use to operate the basic phone features. It took T-mobile almost 3years to figure out how to switch sprint customers to T-mobiles network.
Trance Addict
0 Likes