Original topic:

My email app isn't syncing

(Topic created: Monday)
emmysprink
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I just got a Galaxy S23 FE. My previouprevious phone was an S9. On the S9, I used the email app to access my main email address, a Comcast (now Xfinity) address. No problems syncing, I could access all my folders, etc. Now, it's not syncing on the S23. My inbox isn't what I see on my laptop, none of my folders are here... this stinks. I want my emails, on my phone, the way it always was. How do I make it sync?
10 Replies
Charlie
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there,

The most important thing is to check the email app's settings to make sure automatic email sync is turned on. Go into the email app, tap the menu on the top left, then the settings icon on the top right, tap on your account, and make sure "sync emails" is enabled. Also, tap on "Email folders to sync" and enable every folder you want to sync. From there, you can also change the "Email sync period" to "All time" and adjust other sync settings.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else.
0 Likes
emmysprink
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I tapped sync a few days ago. I had to go into my settings on their site and change the syncing permissions. Neither the Xfinity site nor the phone's email app give me an option to sync all folders. I hear that accessing Xfinity emails is challenging from a mobile phone, but I didn't have trouble till I got this S23.
Charlie
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you using the Samsung email app?
0 Likes
Charlie
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
The Samsung email app lets you sync all folders. I opened one of my Gmail accounts on it and it gives the option to sync all folders. But, I don't really use Samsung's email app. I use Gmail instead.Screenshot_20240701_172249_Gallery_1000295623_1719868969.png
0 Likes
emmysprink
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I access my Gmail thru Google. I use the Samsung email app for my Xfinity emails, which is my main email.
0 Likes
Charlie
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I understand. The screenshot I posted was just to show you there's an option to sync all the folders on the Samsung email app. You should be able to access all your emails through the email app, no matter the email service provider.
DickWheawill
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
A wild and crazy guess seeing you now have a new phone. Are all your devices using the same email app?
0 Likes
emmysprink
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
No. On my laptop I log into my email directly on the Xfinity site. On my S9 I used the email app and had no problems. On this S23 I am having all kinds of problems. I hate switching phones...
0 Likes
emmysprink
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh, wait... yeah, the S9 and the S23 are using the same email app. The Samsung email app, I think.
0 Likes