JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New update removed the option to control the brightness on Always On Display

(Topic created: 05-03-2024 11:11 PM)
zhyxgg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a photo on my always on display lockscreen. But ever since the new update, I am no longer able to control the brightness.. Is there a new feature that only allows it to be automatic bright level? I miss having the option of changing the brightness of my clock when my screen is off. Will this be forever?! 😔

32 Replies
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
For someone like ME, I know nothing about APK's or what the heck to safely download to GET THE NIGHT CLOCK BRIGHTNESS SLIDER CONTROL BACK. OMG, can't this be a simple thing? I can't see my clock at night- please help me. My phone is an S23, and my carrier is T-MOBILE, and I'm 67 years old with eyesight problems. Makes no sense why the brightness control is not readily available as it always was, even though you had to hunt for the darn thing, but now it's just gone .
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
One more thing, please. My POWER SAVING IS OFF, and always was off. It USED to be that I could DOUBLE TAP the NIGHT/ LOCK SCREEN CLOCK in order to GET THE BRIGHTNESS SLIDER to show and control, but now all the double-tap does is OPEN UP to the NEXT SCREEN I guess that screen IS the lock screen before the homepage. I just want to see my clock at night, or even in the daytime for that matter- it's just too dark. Oh I hope you can fix this.
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
I stand corrected! This good lock is very good. It didn't bring back the slider brightness on the lock screen like it used to without opening a separate app to do it, but it did do the job! Thank you. I can't really ask for more, though I'd like to have it the way it was before, but I appreciate given a workaround to get it done! Also, good lock is much, much more than what I originally thought, so again, I really thank you for this advise. Best, Joel
0 Likes