JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New update removed the option to control the brightness on Always On Display

(Topic created: 06-08-2024 07:54 PM)
zhyxgg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a photo on my always on display lockscreen. But ever since the new update, I am no longer able to control the brightness.. Is there a new feature that only allows it to be automatic bright level? I miss having the option of changing the brightness of my clock when my screen is off. Will this be forever?! šŸ˜”

zhyxgg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I finally figured it out. It removed my picture at first but I got it! Thanks for your help Gary
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Your welcome Happy to help if you could please like and mark the post as solved its in the 3 dot menu.  And Thanks for being a Loyal Samsung Member 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Personally, I can't do that. Although the GOODLOCK app (Lockstsar) isn't the same as the original stock lockscreen in that, you can't just TAP anywhere on the screen to GET TO THE NEXT PAGE. This is the only drawback. Yes, there is a brightness control, which is exactly what I was looking for, but if I use the Lockstar, you have to tap the X specifically to exit the lockscreen. Geesh, I wish they just left the brightness control ALONE!!!
0 Likes
Ghita01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

How did you manage that I can't 

0 Likes
Al44
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have updated both the apps to the respective versions you have mentioned earlier. I am still unable to find an option to manually set the AOD brightness. I am using S24 Ultra with the latest firmware. Where will I see the brightness option? 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
The brightness slider isn't available on the s24's only s23's because of the full screen AOD

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Sahi1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Why isn't it available on the S24 Ultra, it should be since it's the latest phone šŸ’€ they really need to bring it back, like what's the point of the full screen aod? šŸ˜­ the first version was fine, I guess they were trying to do what apple did šŸ¤·ā€

PS: nevermind the apk version fixed it. Tysm!

0 Likes
Claudiantx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I tried the search for AOD and it was not helpful. I had already done those steps. Chat line agent wasn't helpful either.
Spin27
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I did that too, and he gave me information for the way it used to be
0 Likes
Spin27
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I should not have to download other apps in order to make my AOD work properly. I want Samsung to take care of this problem without me having to go through hoops.