Original topic:

Object Eraser since 6.1 update not working correctly

(Topic created: 04-14-2024 01:51 AM)
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, I am writing to report an issue with the object eraser function in the Gallery app after updating my S23 Ultra to the 6.1 UI. Previously, when circling an object to remove it, the outline would remain intact when I lifted the pen off the screen. However, now the outline shrinks to a different size as soon as I take the pen away, making it difficult to accurately select the object for removal. I have attached screenshots to illustrate the issue.

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this matter and provide a solution to restore the previous functionality of the object eraser. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

I do know about the new AI Function that is similar, however I prefer the object eraser. 

Best regards,

MrsHook
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
When I click on the magnetic lasso to turn it off, it says off and then as soon as I try to do something it clicks right back on again. I try to remove a tiny item in a picture and it takes out something huge and completely redoes my picture. I miss being able to use my S Pen and draw around a small clump of hair out of place or something like that. Put it back the way it was
FATALDANGEROUS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
This has ruined my work! I don't know who thought everyone needed this "change" is ****ING ignorant. These "updates" are changes that effect EVERY single user. Just because a few ask for a specific change... it forces ALL of us to just accept it. I do NOT agree with these "changes" masked as "ONEUIupdates" Wevare literally forced into things that change the way we interact with our devices.
Yes, some are necessary, and for our benefit... ie.. security changes, updates that add features (in which we should have the option to accept or decline).
We are never told specifically what is about to be changed when my S23Ultra updates UI.
We are thrown in and expected to be happy about it,. Then forced to figure out how it effects us, and work around 'said update'
Furious and nothing we can do about it.
MarieTS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm going crazy with this same issue. De-selecting the magnetic lasso helps a tiny bit, but like the other commenter said, this is essentially going 3 generations backwards with the object eraser technology. There's no precision anymore, and the final result is blurry. I rely on this for work and now it will take me SO much longer to get a result that's not even as good. I hope they have the option to restore the previous one with the next update. This is terrible.

Seriously, the original was really high quality.
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I agree; after trying to turn the magnetic lasso off, the end result isn't as it once was. You can see the blurry effect left. šŸ˜”
JabranAftab
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I miss object remover after updating 6.1 on my s23 ultra
0 Likes
Cowgurl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
So, it's now 5/26/24 and has anyone seen an update fix come thru yet to put Object Eraser back the way it was before that stupid update that changed it?
0 Likes
StanT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
has Samsung even replied to why they caused this error
StanT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
This will definitely affect my decision to buy another Samsung. I have been loyal for over a decade or two, but this object eraser bug is ridiculous.
nadeembba
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same problem. The object eraser option isn't visible. Pls roll it back as that was really a cool functionality 

arkgnan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here. Object eraser option is gone. I think it is because photo editor updated (when we update to oneui 6.1). I can downgrade the photo ereaser with lower version. So we only hope samsung will give us an update to fix it

0 Likes