Original topic:

Object Eraser since 6.1 update not working correctly

(Topic created: 03-30-2024 10:44 AM)
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, I am writing to report an issue with the object eraser function in the Gallery app after updating my S23 Ultra to the 6.1 UI. Previously, when circling an object to remove it, the outline would remain intact when I lifted the pen off the screen. However, now the outline shrinks to a different size as soon as I take the pen away, making it difficult to accurately select the object for removal. I have attached screenshots to illustrate the issue.

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this matter and provide a solution to restore the previous functionality of the object eraser. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

I do know about the new AI Function that is similar, however I prefer the object eraser. 

Best regards,

28 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there! I noticed this too when I first received my S24U. Unfortunately, this auto-selecting is the new behavior of the interface. Zooming in and then recircling might improve the ability to select what you want.
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you very much for your prompt response and the excellent suggestion of zooming in or out first. I will certainly follow your advice and give it a try. I hope you have a wonderful day! šŸ˜Š
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
I have some good news! Samsung has listened and has issued an update for the object eraser! You can now disable the "Magnetic lasso" function and free select anything like before! Make sure you have the newest edition of Photo editor, Version 3.4.21.43, installed.Screenshot_20240404_121938_Photo Editor_1000004022_1712251179.png
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there! You're the best! You always have great advice and solutions for the problems I post on this forum. Thanks a bunch! I'm not very tech-savvy, so I'm not sure how to check if I have the latest Photo Editor installed. I looked for "Photo Editor" in the Play Store and Galaxy Store, and all my apps are up to date, but I didn't find it. Also, when I go to the Object Eraser, I don't see anything that says "Magnetic Lasso," so I think I might not have the latest version. Whenever you have a moment, could you explain how to check please?
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
No worries! If you aren't seeing the update in the Galaxy Store yet, head to the link below and download/install the APK.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-photo-editor/samsung-photo-editor-3...
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I've seen a lot of YouTube videos about the phone regarding APK; what exactly is that and how does it work? It says it could harm your tablet.
I don't mind waiting till it comes out in the Galaxy Store 1712253004160_1712253004149_0.jpg
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
For all intents and purposes, APKs are app installation files. This article does a good job explaining in a bit more detail:

https://www.androidauthority.com/what-is-an-apk-file-3413743/
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
I understand your hesitance. I installed this APK myself. I was so excited to share the news with you about the update as soon as possible because this has been something I have desperately wanted changed as well! I'm glad they made it an option rather than taking it away entirely!
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I completely agree with you. It appears that they are making a genuine effort to listen to their customers and satisfy their needs. In my opinion, providing us with options to personalize our devices demonstrates excellent customer service. I am grateful that you shared your discovery with me.