JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 6 on AT&T super laggy

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 01:11 PM)
Arteree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I just got the One UI 6 official release on my AT&T s23 ultra and its super laggy. My phone is going really slow and the animations are jittery. The keyboard is lagging, everything. I tried restarting my phone. Has anyone else had this issue? How do I fix it?

Solved: The phone takes time to adjust. After around 4 hours, everything was back to normal and even smoother than before.
12 Replies
raginghemroid
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah its pretty crazy to think that you're basically walking around with a phone in your pocket that costs as much as a used car and they send out these completely mandatory and unskippable updates that change the function and appearance of your device you already paid for. And then you're just supposed to be ok with it when it turns your phone to a brick unless you go through a backup and factory reset process
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello Arteree,

Thanks for reaching out for assistance regarding lagging issues after updating your device.

This definitely can be frustrating to deal with, but can be easily resolved with a few steps.

First, let's wipe the cache partition on the device. This step is always good to do after a major OS update.

1. Turn off your phone.

2. Connect your phone to PC using USB-cable and push down the Volume Up and Power key for a moment.

3. The Recovery Mode should be on the screen.

4. Use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power key to accept it.

5. Select Wipe cache partition option.

6. Select Yes button.

7. Reboot your phone to exit Recovery mode.

Next, make sure all of your apps are up-to-date. Note: some apps may not work properly due to the developers of that specific app may have not sent out an update yet to be compatible with One UI 6 update. You would need to keep checking back for an update.

Follow this link here on how to update your apps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080581/

If you are still experiencing the same symptoms after trying the steps above, then I would recommend a factory reset. If you choose to take this step, make sure your device is fully backed up to a cloud, so there will be no data lost.

Follow this link here for a factory reset: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Feel free to reach back out to the community or one of our moderators if you need any further assistance.

jadams161
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I love how you suggested to do a factory reset to solve the issue with a poorly developed update. Horrible advice. The Android 14 ui6 is terrible. The lagging freezing and poor functioning is horrible. It's not the devices. We were all fine on Android 13. 

0 Likes