JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Period and question emojis not working when voice texting

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 08:49 AM)
BobInOhio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Lately when I do voice to text, if I try to insert a question mark (?) or a period (.), instead of the actual emojis being inserted into the text, the words "question mark" and "period" are inserted into the text.

juugen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thx, but it still do not have "voice input" as a choice. See my screenshot. According to your screenshot, it should come right after custom symbols. And before translation, swipe, touch and feedback. I don't not have translation at all either.
1726613301381.jpg
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
I see that you're also missing the "Translation" option. What model of phone do you have?
0 Likes
juugen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have a Galaxy S10. Model SM-G973U1
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
That's probably the reason then. The S10 is an old phone and doesn't have these features. I just looked at the settings on my old S10e and it doesn't have those options either.
0 Likes
TellMeYoure40
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I experienced the same thing after the recent update. My commas and exclamation points work, while question marks and periods do not. The Samsung Keyboard list indeed does not show 'Voice Input' or 'Google Voice Typing' options. The photo Popsicle20 is posting is not accurate on my device after the update. Please advise. 

0 Likes
userKiKpd8O6B1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Google  voice is grayed out on my fold 6 and can only select Samsung voice 

0 Likes
OceanLight
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Then the microphone bottom left disappears
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
It's typical, halfway Samsung software. Perhaps not surprisingly in order to use the Google Voice input, as soon as you select it the microphone on the Samsung keyboard disappears and is replaced with a keyboard symbol which requires at least one extra step to then go to Google voice. There's really no excuse for this, considering how many years voice input has been available and around. It is just Samsung again wanting your money but not willing to refine their product. Maybe they should hire some people from Apple or Google to help them.
userKiKpd8O6B1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Samsung  Fold 6 only allows Samsung Voice when using Samsung keyboard.  So I have to choose between a keyboard that supports voice punctuation or one that supports AI.

LanceB12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I had to turn off Samsung Voice Input to get voice generated punctuation to work again.

Got there through "Keyboard List and Default"

0 Likes