Original topic:

Phone making notification sound when there's no notification

(Topic created: 04-13-2024 06:59 PM)
userFDWfHjaYwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I keep getting random notification sounds with no actual notification. Have restarted, reset, checked every app, notification history doesn't show anything when it happens, reminder left is turned off. I would love to find out what this is and turn it off!

10 Replies
userG2Jqebd7m9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Any chance it happens when you place the phone next to you wallet? It could be detecting your credit card.
0 Likes
userFDWfHjaYwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
No, nowhere near. Thanks though
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Install Samsung's Good Lock from the Galaxy Store. Within Good Lock, find the Nice Catch module. Nice Catch should be able to identify the source of these mystery notification sounds.
Screenshot_20240413_221837_Nice Catch_1000004318_1713064717.png
userFDWfHjaYwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I've done that, waiting to see what happens. Thanks
userFDWfHjaYwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
No, it happened once late last night and I pulled up the nice catch app and tapped to see notification history and there was nothing that showed up. So, I guess that's not going to work either, I don't know. It hasn't happened again since then. Will see next time. May just have to give up because I've tried so many things, spent a couple of hours dealing with trying everything I could find.... if you have a new idea let me know please. Thanks
0 Likes
userFDWfHjaYwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It just happened again and nice catch shows nothing ... so frustrated trying to figure this notification sound out !!
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
do you by chance have emerg alerts on ? i had it on and it kept notifying me. i shut all that **bleep** off now. see pic attached..worth try1713274100988.jpg
0 Likes
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
also try these 2.. 1713274524613.jpg1713274552589.jpg
userFDWfHjaYwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have a few of the emergency alerts o , but wouldn't I get a notification if it was that and wouldn't nice catch show those ? On the nfc I've already turned that off. But on the messages, if I silence messages then I won't get a notification when I get a text, will I ?
0 Likes