JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2023 07:34 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
JustinSchreurs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Why are you excited for the 23? It's the same phone as the 22 spec for spec with exception of a "digital" 200MP shooter which only makes sense if you are going to print posters
Wieze
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I wanted the improved performance, the better speakers, the improved battery life and improved low light performance.
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I would have loved to been in the Samsung war room when they decided the trade-in values were going to be about half of what they typically have been in the past. Do you think they considered most customers will not be upgrading this year? I know I won't.
Options
Galaxy S23
I noticed that, I don't like it
S22ultrausa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Exactly my feelings and situation right now. Pathetic game by Samsung. I was waiting all these days for the launch and willingness to upgrade. With just $500 for my s22u this doesn't make a sense at all to switch. S22u is so fast that any faster won't matter. It clicks good images too. With 700 plus taxes its not a worthy upgrade. Had it been around 350 usd i would have jumped into the wagon
Options
Galaxy S23
it would not be worth it
jhedi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
LOL Samsung war room
Nkpanda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Not only was it a silly idea but I wonder how many actually thought it was a good idea. Or if it's one person with enough power to decide for everyone. For older models, that's fair game but 30% of MSRP for a phone that's less than a year old? Really? Who bright idea is this. Seriously, the VPs are getting paid how much a year to make stupid decisions like this?
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Everyone. 

Thank you for providing all the feedback with the New pre-order along with the trade-in Values. I have tagged the thread as preorder feedback so that this information can be found easily should our higher-ups request feedback regarding the new launch. 

We will leave this thread open for community engagement, but all posts regarding, feedback on Preorders, Promotions, and Trade-in Values will be merged into this thread, in an effort to help our moderators maintain our new S23 board. Thank you so much for your understanding! 

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung dropped the ball with the promotions pre-order only giving us $500 for s22 ultra. The locked carrier version is giving $1000 on trade in credit