JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2023 11:17 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
Zane99
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Good thing I've already done that, and I'm quite pleased with other 2 flagship brands.
manzoorboy06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Save your money this year. S23 upgrade doesn't offer much compared to last year models. Spend that money on something else.
communityuser45
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Agree 100% and I was looking forward to the s23U I guess that won't be happening
Zane99
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
They'll try and give better deals when the sales don't match up in a few months and even then it's still dead on arrival.
userrPTlmTKTzS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I was gto upgrade not now, samsung is too close the carriers this year
Zane99
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
They believe they'll make more money through carriers so I say let em go off the deep end. I just got an Amazon deal on a 512 GB S21 Ultra excellent renewed factory unlocked for $639. Saved myself a ton of money. Let the new series suffer the same fate of the galaxy a53,sitting in warehouses unshipped.
0 Likes
worstphoneever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Agreed. Samsung is not Apple now. They are not #1. Also, they have been disappointing people due to bad quality of foldable phones. I predict their business become worse. Force to sign up 36 months contract through carriers.
0 Likes
userqvFfmotK9k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Agree 100% Was going to upgrade to S23 Ultra but not now. Anyone with S22 Ultra shouldn't upgrade to S23 Ultra unless they give us a fair value for the S22 Ultra. We as consumers want a fair value for S22 Utra without being locked in to any carries. What message is Samsung trying to send us. What I'm understanding is that their Premium phone depreciated by 58% (Paid $1200 for S22 Ultra and now only getting $500 for trade in). Why would they expect us to buy their phones if their phones barely have any resale value within a year.
0 Likes
Brad17845
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I love that the trade in value for the S22U is $700 for the Fold4. On the exact phone that replaces the S23U, $500. I also noticed last night that on the app before you "pre-order" it, it tells you "from $599.99." Go to put it in cart, jumps to $699.99 for no reason. I've pre-ordered almost every year since the S3, minus a few flops. But this year, I'll wait. Since last year I got burned and could have got my S22U cheaper had I waited. 
fricc2174
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung is so foolish. I can almost guarantee they are losing money. Look at the time line literally every color is still available on Feb 17th 4 days after their event. That never happens. Hopefully they learn a lesson. I buy every year and would this year, but i refuse. Its not simply inflation. Their mark down on trade and the money they will make on those trade ins are way above inflation. The S23 isnt that innovated.
0 Likes