JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2023 11:20 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
669 Replies
Aashish
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
They have removed my earlier post siting inappropriate words šŸ«¢

Samsung devalued trade in this year for their own devices (Unbelievable). Iphone 14 is having trade in value of 540 dollars more than S22 ultra. 

Those bill credit trade in value with carriers are never worthy to take a headache.

I spent 300 bucks to get my s22 ultra screen fixed from geek squad and at the end difference between cracked and non-cracked phones trade in is just 155 dollars. So disappointment everywhere.

Zane99
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I never thought I see the day that Samsung would devalue their own phones and give the worst trade-in credits ever while pushing carrier locked phones with contracts. And to top it off,no dual trade-ins this time. I don't do carrier locked contracts and never will. Factory Unlocked forever. I'll keep my S21 Ultra/Note 20 Ultra/Fold 4. Until the current course of action is changed, Samsung you've just lost a sale.
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Same
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
I'll wait for s24r something better . My s22 works just fine
robo77136
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
What an insult Samsung says my phone is only worth $400 for the trading in on the ultra
Mantequillas
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, they don't really care about their customers lol.
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, it seems they are doing something different this year so instead of rising prices they devalue the previous models... quite disappointing. $500 for S22 Ultra is low... and $100 Samsung credit...maybe $150 credit if you got the reservation deal. I've never paid over $600 to get a newer Samsung...I bet that's going to be an issue for many....
Aashish
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I did pre-resevation and guess what $50 credit was not showing up.. It was only showing $100.
Members_9KJtDxz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

To get that low of a value for my S22 Ultra 512 MB....no way would I do that for these insulting prices. I've found some other blogs and Samsung customers are beside themselves on this with the terrible trade in credits.

Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I think Samsung has some fishy business going on behind the scenes with the carriers. I'm using a Note 20 Ultra 5G and the huge delay in getting the latest carrier approved update for my non carrier locked device already ticked me off to the point I was seriously considering dumping Samsung. Now these pitiful trade in deals with carrier locked devices having better incentives is a huge red flag for me.