JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Region Hardware Lock YES or NO?

(Topic created: 05-29-2023 03:05 PM)
sksjedi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

There is only one person here who is saying that the US $1000+ unlocked S23 has a region hardware lock and can't be used overseas.

I have spoken to Samsung USA Tech support and they DENY the existence of a region hardware lock for an unlocked phone, even for the U/U1 variant as asserted by the poster of this information.

I am simply trying to get to the truth here.  I understand carrier locks, I also understand soft locks, but a a permanent hardware lock makes no sense what so ever.

Does anyone know the truth?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
I am confident there is no region hardware lock on any Samsung phones. I have used phones internationally from the original S phone until now. Like you said, network/carrier lock, yes but no hardware region lock.

View solution in context

5 Replies
-Misfit-
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
If you purchased a unlock phone it shouldn't have a region locked. I was in vacation in Mexico, I was able to use a local SIM without any issues. Hope this helps.
sksjedi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you.  A certain forum member here is saying the exact opposite and is also posting on reddit / wikipedia / AT&T forums / etc  the exact same thing over and over again without any evidence at all and it is not being refuted in the least.

0 Likes
-Misfit-
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
You are welcome. That's insane I'm surprised they haven't called him out on his lies.
0 Likes
Kentomat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Have you used Samsung S23 or lower version (22,21 etc.)?

0 Likes
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
I am confident there is no region hardware lock on any Samsung phones. I have used phones internationally from the original S phone until now. Like you said, network/carrier lock, yes but no hardware region lock.