Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S23 FE Regional SIM Lock

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 10:45 PM)
Jestin Mathews
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Greetings to all Community members!

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S23 FE Unlocked from USA. Can I insert and use a physical Indian SIM card like Jio or Airtel in that while I'm in India?

I would be highly grateful for clarification of this important topic!

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Sincerely

With my best regards and wishes!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
If that phone was bought network/carrier unlocked you wouldn't have to worry about a region lock. Those region things as far as I know are on video game systems and dvd/bluray players.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
You need to figure out what cellular frequencies or 'bands' your S23FE runs on compared to your JIO or Airtel service offers. That will tell you if it is compatible
0 Likes
Jestin Mathews
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for the reply!

In India GSM is being used and the bandwidth also pretty much come within the range as per my research (correct me if I got it wrong). My main concern is that if there's specifically any kind of regional/country lock even if the phone is unlocked.

0 Likes
Solution
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
If that phone was bought network/carrier unlocked you wouldn't have to worry about a region lock. Those region things as far as I know are on video game systems and dvd/bluray players.
0 Likes
Jestin Mathews
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Is there any specific kind of Regional Lock system particularly for S23 models?

Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Not that I am aware of personally as I've in the U.S. but that doesn't mean that they didn't do one.
0 Likes
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23

Need to make sure what bands the phone uses. This link explains your country's frequency bands. BTW you all have 4g lte coverage now which is more advanced and faster than gsm

https://www.datareign.com/4g-circles-in-india/#:~:text=Indian%20telecom%20operators%20have%20receive...).
0 Likes
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
And this lists all the bands your s23fe can use. Mainly fdd/4g lte bands 3,40 and 41 are the ones India has license to use now. Hope it helps brother.1706772895701.jpg
Jestin Mathews
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Yeah, it did clear up some fog in my head. Thank you so much for the effort and time you put into this. 

0 Likes
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Your very welcome! I do cell repair out of my home so I gotta keep up with the latest tech. But you have a great day!
0 Likes