JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Ultra motion photo not working after One UI 6.0 update

(Topic created: 11-30-2023 06:08 PM)
LAWsyMJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My wife's phone. Never had any issue with the motion photo feature before the update a couple days ago. I tried resetting all camera settings and options as well as clearing the camera data and cache. She said it works sporadically but most of the time not at all. Frustrating issue for her because we have a baby and she uses the feature to get the "right" picture. Hopefully someone has some insight or ideas. Thanks. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
64 Replies
Sflboxter
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
God I feel your pain. Mine was so bad I would go back in fourth between Samsung and g board even downloading a couple of other apps all horrible I even figured it was time for a new phone I got the s twenty three It's absolutely ludicrous what the phone thinks. I'm saying and then it Decides to put a few words down and goes back-and-forth until it determines which word to choose fascinating to watch It. Now all of a sudden it's combing words. One message to my car broker As I hit send, I glanced up and it had added the words you are stupid. It's rewriting my text. It is creating a new vocabulary. I don't know not happy only getting worse.
0 Likes
HPNOTIQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
SMH, this has been infuriating as I have tried everything to get the motion photo working and yet it still doesn't work. Please Samsung, fix this issue, the holiday photos were not the same. Quality not perfect and so many missed shots because I thought I would have the motion photo to use as a back up. 😟
Mitdgart
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Currently having the same issue with Galaxy S23 Ultra. Also the colours and quality of the pictures is bad if is not taken in a full sunlight. We are not having sun in UK too often 😞 My experience is with Note 8 motion pictures. Once the option is turned ON it always works, no mater what light condition is. Still use that phone and the pictures are great! Also I use S20 Ultra an it has marvelous pics and motion pictures works at all the time. And then I have S23 Ultra as my main mobile phone and camera is disappointing. Motion pictures works time to time. In many cases it looks like I can play the pictures but it is still pic for 2 seconds, cannot be even rewinded. One UI 6.0 is the issue or S23 Ultra is? 

0 Likes
gorodezkiy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

We faced the same issue on S21 after update to One UI 6.0

userqu9Z2fD0wi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I am having the same issue. I love it for taking pics of my granddaughter. Tech support was no help.
SuzyCC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same problem on S23. Tried all of the above to no avail. Get your sh*t together Samsung!
Grueng
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here, my S23 ultra doesn't take the motion pictures anymore even though it is set to on.

Very frustrating!

docchicago
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

This is not a resolution, Samsung.  The overall thread is about motion photo not working. Motion photos are recorded as mp4 , my photos are just jpeg files with motion photo on and off. No reset on the users end is going to resolve this. This is a coding error and  a patch is needed to fix it. One customer support person told me to hold the shutter button. This creates a gif , not a motion photo. 

My S23U pics are now grainy.  I have 5 lenses and I am not sure if 1 works effectively. I don't know what one UI did, but all the features it added to the camera have degraded it significantly. 

CheriSpeak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same problem on my S22 Ultra....frustrating

MaceyBM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

MOTION PICTURE STILL NOT WORKING

what's the go samsung alot of upset customers just want this resolved please.