JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Ultra motion photo not working after One UI 6.0 update

(Topic created: 11-30-2023 06:08 PM)
LAWsyMJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My wife's phone. Never had any issue with the motion photo feature before the update a couple days ago. I tried resetting all camera settings and options as well as clearing the camera data and cache. She said it works sporadically but most of the time not at all. Frustrating issue for her because we have a baby and she uses the feature to get the "right" picture. Hopefully someone has some insight or ideas. Thanks. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
64 Replies
slcerra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here on S22 Ultra, motion photo is turned on but it's not capturing any motion.

HurricaneOleg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello. 

I'm having serious issues with the S23 Ultra Super Slow Motion mode. I used it to detect and fix flutter on the industrial cooking fans, starting with S9+. All following iterations had a really bad SSM but it was usable because the fans rotate at about 500 rpm and are well-lit. Now, the videos, despite higher resolution, are a blur, they don't look sharp and none of the individual blades can be seen. I had to purchase a used s20 in order to get the feature back and it's extremely inconvenient.

One of the main reasons I bit the bullet and purchased this unnecessarily big phone with old, tired hardware, no real upgrades and zero improvements over the previous one, instead of an iPhone 14 ProMax or any other phone that doesn't cost  $1700+. That reason was the Super Slow Motion feature, it was a must. I was going to switch to something else because but Samsung promised me by giving me assurances, on multiple occasions, that, not only this time around it's a 'true 960fps', instead of the previous faux version with a digitally-enchanced 480fps, but also upgraded to full HD! I had no reason to doubt Samsung because I assumed that Samsung had professionals working for them who knew what they were talking about. I'm now paying for my naive approach of taking what seemingly intelligent, competent people say for granted. 

If this is a software issue then please, release a patch that will fix it, I already spoke to tech support, they forced me to reset my phone in the end and it didn't help. The videos are blurry and are nowhere near 960 fpS. I need to know what the problem is and, most importantly, if the Super Slow Motion will ever work as intended so I can take proper steps to rectify this situation. Big part of my job is making sure the cooling fans don't break duento flutter, if one of the damaged blades is out of balance and forces the whole blade assembly to vibrate it's crucial for me to be able to identify the exact one and balance it before it breaks and sends shrapnel flying all over the place, taking the cooling tower offline for weeks. My old S9+ used to allow me to do just that before it decided to die, like all other Samsung products I owned over the years.

It is ridiculous that I cannot get any help or even a straight answer from anybody, I would like for Samsung to fix this, so please fix the issue that makes all photos and videos taken with the rear camera(s) look so weird, unnatural and overprocessed.

VentXXX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Why is samsung not FIXING THIS GARBAGE!
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

**Update**

Please make sure to update to the latest software version for your device. This should completely clear up the symptoms with the Motion photo.

Hello HurricaneOleg, thank you for posting. Welcome to the Samsung Community. Please, submit an error report directly to Samsung.

Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports
LAWsyMJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

This is not a solution. You're the moderator, read the entire thread. Samsung needs to fix this **bleep**ing problem. It's ridiculous that the One UI 6.0 update caused so many issues and there has been no acknowledgement or effort to correct it. 

Vipob
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

The issue is Motion Photo samsung.  It is not working anymore. no error message. I have updated to latest software patch as of Jan 18 and still no fix. Please help.

SilliMonkEe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have identical issue with my s21.

When will you guys fix this?

SilliMonkEe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I am having identical issue with my s21.

I have tried the "feedback" report and I got nothing out of it except a clean camera cache and clean Partition cache

Please fix this.

Ceegee16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Having same issue! Can't see a way to 'submit an error request' as advised in the reply.

Its an ongoing issue, doesnt seem like much effort is going into supporting customers or finding a resolve due to how long its persisted. 

Personally the feature was a big selling point. If its not sorted soon I'll be done with Samsung & will move to Google pix. 

NathanBlocks
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I've owned a Galaxy S10e, S20FE, and Z Flip4 before my S23 Ultra. They all had great super slow-mo that allowed me to capture certain things that no other phone could, like a camera shutter at 1/4000 sec or a shotgun obliterating a clay pigeon. But for some reason, with the S23 Ultra, it's like the slow-mo is taken at 240 FPS and then AI enhanced to 960 which destroys it and makes it absolutely unusable. I've seen plenty of other people saying the same thing. please fix it.