JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Ultra motion photo not working after One UI 6.0 update

(Topic created: 11-30-2023 06:08 PM)
LAWsyMJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My wife's phone. Never had any issue with the motion photo feature before the update a couple days ago. I tried resetting all camera settings and options as well as clearing the camera data and cache. She said it works sporadically but most of the time not at all. Frustrating issue for her because we have a baby and she uses the feature to get the "right" picture. Hopefully someone has some insight or ideas. Thanks. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
64 Replies
Starpower1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I want to know how to fix my motion photos. Sound, there is no sound.
On my motion photos
0 Likes
stinkis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi, why I can't take a Panorama picture? (Sansumg 23 Ultra), I padded but it doesn't slide, am I doing something wrong? thank you
0 Likes
Billoni
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Not to sound like a broken record, but reading through these comments, it's painfully obvious that Samsung isn't working on a fix. I've done everything that fellow users have suggested and my motion photos still aren't working and my photos aren't the quality that I've become accustomed to with my Samsung phone. It is March 23 2024 Samsung. Push through an update that will correct this. We've waited long enough
disonymity
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
On 2024‐01‑17, I submitted an error report to Samsung via the Galaxy Members application on my S22 Ultra ﴾⊰ SM‑S908U﴿, that succinctly informed them that my “⸂m⸃otion photo ⸄ is ⸅not consistently capturing.”꛶

Two days later, they sent me an interim response informing me that “⸄. . . w⸃e have raised this issue to our Developers for further evaluation⸄ . . . ⸜and⸝⸅ will get back to you as soon as an update becomes available.”;

Three weeks later on 3‑11, they sent me an update (unless—conspiracy hypothesis﹘they pre-dated it, as I think that I had checked for responses since then prior to fortnight-later today 3-25 with its absence) which states the following explanatory paragraph (excerpted verbatim):
“⸂. . .⸃

After ONE UI 6.0, auto-trim is performed for the following cases in motion photo. Therefore, images without video or less than 3 seconds can be intentionally generated. - If unnecessary images are included due to rapid movement of the device - Inconvenient video section where shutter sound of previous capture is introduced - Too short image (500ms or less)”.

I did respond to it to express my dissatisfaction, to which its replication above and this reaction thereto is further a testament of mine and othersʼ dismay. For, If those remarks are accurate then that means that we are unable to take two full-shortvideo motion pics that are represented by respective still less֊than or equal֊to ½sec apart.. whereas prior to OU6 I could! Are you kidding me?!? Totally unacceptable.
0 Likes
55quack
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Looks like this is finally fixed with the One UI 6.1 update!
0 Likes