JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 phone will not connect to pc for access🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 08:01 PM)
Cosmic Greg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Plug-in establishes charging mode but provides no access to internal storage.

Seems imbecilic, but gotta be a simple fix.?

Tx.,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cosmic Greg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Flaky- is the explanation. 😆

Simple plug-in connections have been established in the past but very rarely. So I was surprised when it finally did connect; and was able to work with the images and data on the phone.

This connection was established with an OTG, or On-the-Go Cable.

This style usb cable looks similar, but provides connection capacity.

Additionally, I used a Google Play app- Files to SD Card, which worked great.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.bukacek.filestosdcard

Tx. again.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
KnoxFather
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi Greg, if you open your notifications panel, and scroll to the bottom, you should see "USB Charging" and "Tap for other USB Options". Also, if you have developer settings enabled, be sure to check the default USB connection setting.Screenshot_20240404_210320_Samsung Members_1000010997_1712286201.png
0 Likes
Cosmic Greg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

not seeing any just yet,

CosmicGreg_0-1712287242816.png

0 Likes
KnoxFather
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
So you're connected and there's nothing in the notifications panel at all? That's odd. Do you see anything pop up when you unplug and plug it back in?
0 Likes
Cosmic Greg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

No notification and no recognition elsewhere such as in file explorer, where I would expect it to appear as a drive.

Ultimately, may need to remove the sim, but not sure if images are stored there or only internally?

Just didn't want to mess around inside...

0 Likes
KnoxFather
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
If you're on a PC, the most common issues are a bad cable or missing drivers. If you're not seeing any changes when you plug the phone into the computer, I would ensure you're using a good cable, and install the latest USB drivers from Samsung. I have to step away for the night, so here's a workaround in the meantime. You can actually share files over wifi if both your computer and phone are on the same network. I use an app called X-Plore for this purpose. That will at least give you the ability to transfer files in a timely manner for the time being. Just turn on the "Wifi Sharing" option and navigate to the address shown on your phone, with a web browser on your PC. Note: Only do this on a private, trusted network.
0 Likes
Cosmic Greg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Tx., will try X-Plore. 👍

0 Likes
Solution
Cosmic Greg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Flaky- is the explanation. 😆

Simple plug-in connections have been established in the past but very rarely. So I was surprised when it finally did connect; and was able to work with the images and data on the phone.

This connection was established with an OTG, or On-the-Go Cable.

This style usb cable looks similar, but provides connection capacity.

Additionally, I used a Google Play app- Files to SD Card, which worked great.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.bukacek.filestosdcard

Tx. again.

0 Likes