Original topic:

Samsung Care+ w/ Theft & Loss Clarification about Requirements

(Topic created: a month ago)
26_AliR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Ok. I would like to know if it os a new requirement to sign up for Knox Guard to enroll in Samsung Care+ w/ Theft & Loss. I received a separeate email from the on stating i needed to take pictures and have diagnoatics run that said i had 30 days to enroll in Knox Guard or my service could be cancelled. I clicked the link to enroll not really knowinv what knox guard was and enrolled or so i beleive I did.

Now i happened accross "Samsung Knox Enterprise Mobile Device Management Providers Settings" pernission being granted in my Chrome Browser anlong with finding "Samsung Knox Enterprise MDM" activity in my logs.

Wireless and USB debugging is greyed out come to find out when i took my phone to an authorized repair shop for a seperate issue. Ive been having many issues with my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy 23 FE purchased just 4 months ago unlocked from Samsung Shop and is financed.

So many settings are greyed out on top of the IDB and Wireless Debugging. Almost all of my Do Not Disturb selections for apps are on and greyed out. Im not super savy tech-wise but I knew somerhing was wrong when Android Device Policy was found on my apps list and wifi data usage in settings. I dont use wifi. 

So i am asking about the Knox Guard to see if there is a connection between what ive mentioned, along with many other things, and the Samsung enterprise Mobile Device management with permissions and activity on my phone and if the Knox Giard email i received and signed up for was legit? Im having my phone sent in to be looked at by Samsung and hope they wull see some of what i have been seeing. But since it is factory reset prior to them receiving I dont know what they wilm find.

I have had to factory reset once due to a black screen that woyld not come on although the phone was on and it didnt get rid of the Chrome Permissions and there are stilm many settings i cant access and debugging is greyed out.

Please help answer my question becaise Samsung, Samsung Care Plus, and the authorized repair tech have been of little help. Im jist trying to piece things together so i know once my phone is retuened, whatever the results, i might know what to do if it persists.

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
I am not familiar with that but I would read everything on the site to know
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm having trouble understanding why you would sign up for something not knowing what it is or what it does. Thirty days seems like enough time to do some research, call for clarification, etc. perhaps you only needed to activate the Knox protection already built into the phone.
0 Likes
cruzer1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I didn't sign up with that Knox enterprise and I'm having the same problem. I got my apps I cannot disable apps I didn't download and keep turning off permissions and they go right back on the ones I can access.
0 Likes