JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Music on S23 failed to play track for WM3 and most MP3 files

(Topic created: 08-01-2023 09:38 AM)
Das Capitolin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

The Samsung Music app (version 16.2.32.1) on the Samsung S23 fails to play tracks for WM3 format songs, and also fails to play most of MP3/MP4 tracks even though there is no DRM. Uncompressed FLAC format plays without issue.

20 Replies
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Samsung Music app on your Samsung S23. 

To troubleshoot the issue you're facing, I recommend trying the following steps:

1. Clear app cache: Go to Settings > Apps > Samsung Music > Storage > Clear cache. Restart the app and check if the issue persists.

2. Clear app data: Similar to the previous step, navigate to Settings > Apps > Samsung Music > Storage > Clear data. Keep in mind that clearing app data will reset any customizations you made in the app, so make sure to back up any important data beforehand.

3. Update the app: Visit the Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Store (depending on where you initially downloaded the app) to check for any available updates for the Samsung Music app. Installing the latest version may resolve the playback issues you're experiencing.

4. Check file compatibility: Verify that the WM3 and MP3/MP4 files you're trying to play are not corrupted or in an unsupported format. You mentioned that FLAC files play without issue, so it's worth confirming if the problematic files are in a compatible format.

5. Try an alternative music player: If the issues persist, consider using a different music player app from the app store. There are numerous options available that support a wide range of audio formats.

6. Contact Samsung Care: If none of the above steps resolve the problem, it's advisable to reach out to Samsung Care for further assistance. They may be aware of the issue and provide specific guidance or offer a solution.

Remember that the steps mentioned above are general troubleshooting suggestions, and the specific steps or options available may differ based on the version of Android and Samsung's software interface on your device.

Das Capitolin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

This is a brand new phone, and the app is latest version. There was no cache to clear, but I cleared data and restarted the app (and phone). It's worth noting that all of these music files played perfectly with Samsung Music on my old S10, so compatibility should not have suddenly become an issue.

I have tried two other music players, and both work fine with all files. That points to this Samsung app, which I would prefer to continue using.

Cosmo2023
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
So I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S23 phone and find out after puchase when I try to play music / mp3 format, the Samsung Music Player does not work. Called Samsung support (pretty certain I heard chickens in the background) and after trouble shooting with the tech I'm told Samsung is no longer supporting the app?? Why would it be installed? Has anyone else ran into this issue?
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi,

I have not run into this on any of my devices. I wonder if it needs to be updated in the Galaxy Store. I know they have the app posted in both the Galaxy Store and the Play Store but I think the Galaxy Store one is more recent.

Here's the link to the Samsung Music app page:
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.sec.android.app.music&cId=000001527281

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button by pressing the three dots on the comment.
Sarge2
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Ni there.
Just as an FYI on the S23 with Samuel Music app uploaded from most recently updated Galaxy Store version Samsung Music still does not work properly.
Thank you for your suggestion though.
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi, that is really strange. Did you try to the one from the Google Play Store or try to sideload it? I trust APK Mirror, personally. It's just very odd that they're store Music app won't work with the device. I don't know what to make of this one.
0 Likes
Sarge2
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there.
No it was uploaded from Galaxy Store app.
I just went ahead and uploaded VLC from Play Store and can play anything and everything and no issues so I use that app. (Can also watch my videos with VLC so multi purpose free app.)
Just wish people would not have these issues with a Samsung phone and Samsung app.
Thanks for the pleasant conversation on this issue.
Take care.
0 Likes
mello_yellow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have had my S23 for only a week but I noticed this as well. I haven't had the headspace to log into my desktop at home and try to maybe mess with the settings on my music files. I'm feeling very annoyed as well!
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't have Samsung music installed, it didn't come pre-installed but if you loaded a backup, it may have installed it, S23 Ultra