Original topic:

Samsung One UI Home

(Topic created: a month ago)
deeee3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

How would I go about deleting this off of my phone? I don't know how it got there, and obviously it's not suppose to be there. #Samsungs23, #Samsungoneuihome
9 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@deeee3 That is the Samsung UI. It is supposed to be there. You can't remove it. 

{edit} You should see a different result if you look in the Galaxy Store instead of Google's Play Store. 

deeee3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
So when you look at that last update for that one was september Of two thousand nineteenand I can't find one in the Samsung store And I can't find it in google play store. The only way I was able to find this was through the history of my google account
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Well, this is weird, It seems to be the official one ui for samsung, but I can't seem to find one ui home on the Play Store. Is it causing any problems?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
You won't find it on google.one ui is Samsung skin it's not a separate home app
0 Likes
deeee3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
When you look at.
The updates?The last time it was updated was september of 2019, So basically any virus that was curated after that, I can get.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Well you said you're using an s23 so maybe this is installed but your phone should be running the latest one ui, you can go to settings>about phone>software information and check that one ui version is on 6.0 or higher
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@deeee3 On my S23 Ultra, if I go to phones settings -> Apps, I see One UI Home. This is the same app that you are asking about. It's built into the OS. 

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
OneUI home is the home screen launcher, ie the interface you see when you press the home button. It is updated through the galaxy store, not the play store, hence the incorrect update information. If you open it on the galaxy store, you should see current and accurate update information. It is meant to be included in your phone as the default user home interface and cannot be removed. Regardless, it cannot open you to viruses because OneUI home is *not* the OneUI software your phone is running, it is just one aspect of it.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

Where on earth would you get the impression that it's not supposed to be there?  It's the phone's user interface.  It is a necessary component for your phone to work.  I do not know why it's in the play store, as it shouldn't be something people can download -- unless it's a version made for people who have non-Samsung phones, who want their phones to look like Samsung.

0 Likes