Original topic:

Samsung messages app crashing

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Romieissweett
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi is anyone experiencing samsung messages app crashing or not able to send or receive messages I've tried clearing the data and cache even disabling it then reactivating it I'm getting really annoyed is there anything else I can do ? And I've restarted my phone and did a hard reset 
0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, there. ususally for app crashing issues we refer to the following troubleshooting - https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-fix-apps-keep-crashing-and-freezing/

But -it looks like you have done a good bit of that. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you advise when this first started occurring? 

Also, if you put the phone into safe mode does the application work? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/  

0 Likes
Romieissweett
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
It started yesterday I have been having issues ever since the update of the 1UI61my biggest issue was the unresponsive touch by finger but touch with Spen then after getting that situated my messages are not coming in or I can't send out and I work with my phone for verification codes and there's no other middle or compromise to that I need to be able to get my messages I've even cleared my storage data and cache I've even restarted the phone but I don't have it
0 Likes
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Were you able to get it to work properly with the safe mode?  Does calls work okay? 

0 Likes
Romieissweett
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes calls work and stand by please
0 Likes
Romieissweett
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
And no it does not work in safe mode
0 Likes
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

If it doesn't work in safe mode, and you've done the hard reset already, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier - you may need to try a new sim card. 

0 Likes
Romieissweett
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
But I still receive calls wouldn't that be affected as well
0 Likes