JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Should I or Can I uninstall „Device Health Services“?

(Topic created: 11-24-2023 06:38 AM)
rsbrux
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Today, a few days after updating my S23 to Android 14 / OneUI 6, „Device care“ showed its regular „apps have been put in deep sleep“ notification.  The list of „Apps to review“ listed „Device Health Services“ twice as „sending unnecessary notifications and slowing down your phone“ and offers to uninstall it (or them).  My reseaarch has turned up conflicting information. Some sources say that this app is essential for monitoring battery usage.  Others say that it is obsolete as of OneUI 6.

What‘s the story?

Should I uninstall it (or them)?

What are the likely consequences of doing so?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Alienburrito
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Double-checked it in Google Play... if it says what mine did, I would just uninstall it.1700840237551.jpg

View solution in context

25 Replies
Welsh1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Just adding that I've had the same notification since installing one UI 6 and am also wondering what to do.

Solution
Alienburrito
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Double-checked it in Google Play... if it says what mine did, I would just uninstall it.1700840237551.jpg
rsbrux
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks, mine says the same, so I  took your advice.

0 Likes
Galaxyish
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Since the update mine says it's not compatible with my device anymore. I have S23...alot of my ssung apps say they aren't compatible after update...great effing update! Wonder if their hiring? I suck too
0 Likes
mgerrath
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks! Just got the same message... Samsung really should've removed that during the update process to OneUI6 if there is a compatibility issue... This way it'll just confuse users

Jessekenney46
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here but app cannot be Uninstalled 

Galaxy S23
I have the same issue. Originally it said something like "will remove data and revert to factory version" or something but now...

What's more interesting is it doesn't show up for me in the Play Store at all. This was my only way to try and remove it.1700853979702_1700853979693_0.png
ppal1981
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

Same

1000002645.jpg

fraven068
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have got the same notification and I'm wondering what to do also. ?