JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Should I or Can I uninstall „Device Health Services“?

(Topic created: 11-24-2023 06:38 AM)
rsbrux
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Today, a few days after updating my S23 to Android 14 / OneUI 6, „Device care“ showed its regular „apps have been put in deep sleep“ notification.  The list of „Apps to review“ listed „Device Health Services“ twice as „sending unnecessary notifications and slowing down your phone“ and offers to uninstall it (or them).  My reseaarch has turned up conflicting information. Some sources say that this app is essential for monitoring battery usage.  Others say that it is obsolete as of OneUI 6.

What‘s the story?

Should I uninstall it (or them)?

What are the likely consequences of doing so?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
25 Replies
fraven068
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I can only find that particular app. If I Google it and it's some questionable looking website. What's two point five stars rating for the app
0 Likes
fraven068
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I can only find the app. If I Google it. And it comes up with some janky website with downloads to.
And it gets 2.5 stars.
But there's nowhere that uninstall it.
0 Likes
ANRahman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Fold 5 user show this notification as well, cannot uninstalled. I think samsung must fix this one ui 6.0 problem

Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Same, tried to uninstall and couldn't
Sebastian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I had the same problem. I couldn't uninstall it, so I just went to app settings and disabled it.
Seems to work fine.

I usually do this with google apps I don't need and I'm not able to remove.

P.S.: For anyone who doesn't know how to disable it:

1) Go to: Settings > Apps > Device Health Services
(to see it there, go into the sorting menu -little icon- and enable displaying system apps)

2) Force stop and then disable the app at the bottom of the app settings

PoorGuy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Got the same message and thought about uninstalling it. But it seems to offer information about the charge of the battery. So that can be useful.
In my opinion, between Samsung and Google and perhaps other programs, there's too much duplication of services. I wish all these companies would start working together instead of always competing. Similar to the Matter and Thread concepts for wifi and networks.