JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Should I or Can I uninstall „Device Health Services“?

(Topic created: 11-24-2023 06:38 AM)
rsbrux
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Today, a few days after updating my S23 to Android 14 / OneUI 6, „Device care“ showed its regular „apps have been put in deep sleep“ notification.  The list of „Apps to review“ listed „Device Health Services“ twice as „sending unnecessary notifications and slowing down your phone“ and offers to uninstall it (or them).  My reseaarch has turned up conflicting information. Some sources say that this app is essential for monitoring battery usage.  Others say that it is obsolete as of OneUI 6.

What‘s the story?

Should I uninstall it (or them)?

What are the likely consequences of doing so?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
DesignGrits
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Same... If you go to your installed apps on the Play Store in your profile it shows there, but doesn't show when I search for it. I'm not rooted, so can't uninstall.
Lisammmmm55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you very much for your help and happy holidays to you and your family :christmas_tree::wrapped_gift:

0 Likes
INTHAWAII
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I live in Thailand and am the same as you. 

1000000401.jpg

0 Likes
fraven068
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
What has anybody done? Should I uninstall it? Can it be uninstalled?
Galaxyish
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I've had mine Uninstalled for months,only issue I see is when u wanna check app info. Every app says it's using 0% all the time..
0 Likes
Mothman187
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Let me know if anyone figures out how to uninstall
fraven068
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I finally got ahold of Samsung about this issue. I gotta hold of text support. They accessed control of my phone and tried to uninstall that app. But it couldn't uninstall. and they couldn't find it in my phone. Either. they told me I need to go. To the Samsung care repair place near me and have the technician. Go in the phone and remove that app. Put my phone seems to be working fine. and there doesn't seem to be a way to find the app in the phone.
0 Likes
ppal1981
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I contacted support also, they remotely ran diagnostics and then removed the play store from sleeping apps list.. and gave me a ticket number if it recurs. Time will tell.
fraven068
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, I don't know what the repair store can do I can't even find the app in Google Play when I look.
And I can't find it in my phone.
0 Likes
ppal1981
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
That seems to be their default answer to fix everything. I'm sure there's a fix embedded coming soon in the next update. It didn't appear until I installed one UI 6