Original topic:

Text Photo Quality Degradation

(Topic created: 05-31-2024 05:58 PM)
userfe7ivaBrMh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Texted photos keep randomly coming through at such low quality that the picture is blurry. This only happens when the person sending the photo is sending from an iPhone, but it's not happening consistently. Is there a way to address this going forward so I am actually able to see the photos sent clearly? 
7 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
This has always been a problem with Iphones. Your carrier limits MMS messages from Iphones.

When Ios 18 rolls out you will finally be able to send and receive full res photos and videos between platforms.

You will have to enable RCS chats for this to happen. Not all carriers support RCS Chat features in Samsung Messages, you will have to use Google Messages.
userfe7ivaBrMh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you! Great to know there may be an end to this issue. I have been using Google Messages for awhile now, and hadn't encountered the problem for some time. I was hoping that had resolved the issue. Thanks for the info on the impending iPhone update which addresses this issue!
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Apple came kicking and screaming to this because of the EU!
Amusey
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
For the first time today, I received blurry low quality photos sent from an android device. Normally, it happens when the sender is sending multiple photos in the same message from an iPhone. Today, it was multiple (2) photos from my sister-in-law who sent them from her android phone.
userWyowKEb3YC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
did you ever solve these blurry photos received from android senders?
0 Likes
915m9m
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
both of these happen to me as well
0 Likes
userL72CGZpHL9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Happens to me randomly too. Even photos I send from my s23 that go to other people with androids are insanely blurry