Original topic:

Blocking Spam Calls

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 03:14 PM)
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

How can I block spam calls?

I did go to the phone dialer. Press menu upper right hand corner. Pressed settings. Block numbers. Block calls from unknown numbers, But spam calls are still getting through.

I also tried:
Open the Phone app.
Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner and tap Settings.
Tap Caller ID & Spam in the Assistive section.
Toggle on Filter spam calls to start blocking spam calls automatically.

But there was no 
Caller ID & Spam in the Assistive section

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you. I found Active Armor and that is working for me.

View solution in context

12 Replies
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
ATT
Samsung S23Ultra
Model name
SM-S918U
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, I am referring to what you circled. Screenshot_20230926_210525_Call settings.jpg
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have contacted AT&t and now I am using their Active Armor, which seems to be working. But I am curious why I can't find caller ID and spam protection.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Nothing is fool proof telemarketers robo callers and scammers find ways to bypass these things
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. It is a shame. If a call is identified as a spam risk why can't it just be blocked?

I am curious why I can't find caller ID and spam Protection under the phones settings.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
As an AT&T customer you have access to their Active Armor app, which I've found to be very helpful in blocking these calls.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.att.mobilesecurity
0 Likes
Solution
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you. I found Active Armor and that is working for me.
Cait51383
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah I have the same problem with spam. In 5 years I had maybe 5 spam calls total, and in the last month, I've had about 12. Kinda makes you feel sorry for the people with who have these jobs. With the increase in statistics they must have their boss having them make some quota. I'd unionize stat and get myself outta that situation.
user0bSPdOfDL9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I am still getting spam calls, but not as many. I received two so far today. How can I flag the calls? If calls a flag then does AT&t keep a registry so other people won't get that spam call?
0 Likes