Original topic:

Unable to connect Samsung gallery to OneDrive

(Topic created: 08-25-2024 03:58 PM)
jeffg_a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have tried multiple times to connect Samsung gallery to OneDrive. The Samsung gallery folder in OneDrive has been restored from the recycle bin. 

Although it is present in the Pictures folder, OneDrive and Samsung gallery both provide the error message that I need to restore the Samsung gallery from the recycle bin. 

I have tried multiple additional actions to correct including clearing cache, Reinstalling OneDrive updates And checking all permissions. I have also done a hard start to the phone with wipe cache. These instructions were provided in the first chat of 4.

I continue to get the same error message that the Samsung Gallery is the recycle bin and I have restored it directly from the recycle bin. 

Error reports have been submitted three times and I have been on chat four times. Each time I follow the standard instructions given by support, I get the same error message.

14 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

I know you said you reset and restored your phone, but have you actually gone to the settings for one drive in the apps (settings/apps/OneDrive) and deleted the app cache and data?  Restoring your backup would probably have kept the data, which is telling you your Samsung folder is in the recycle bin.  After deleting the data, you will most likely have to sign back into OneDrive, but maybe the link will be corrected.  You have nothing else to lose by doing that.

0 Likes
jeffg_a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
There is no change to the error message. I deleted the data rebooted and tried it.
0 Likes
Magicant1983
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Try uninstalling BOTH apps. First bring back Samsung Gallery, log in and finish its setup, THEN reinstall OneDrive. Sometimes order does matter. I would also do a phone restart after uninstalling both of them.
jeffg_a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Gallery as a system ap does not allow uninstall. One Drive only allows remove updates. I deleted cache on both previously to reset and also removed one drive updates. This did not fix it. If you know how to remove gallery or remove its updates let me know.
0 Likes
jeffg_a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
To reinstall both apps as magnificent recommended I reset the phone. This did not work. Apparently the error is internal to Microsoft or Samsung and how the two files communicate with each other. It appears I have broken something at the system level and unable to repair it from here. I have three error logs submitted to Samsung and all three have a generic response that developers will look into it.
0 Likes