JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 08:07 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
336 Replies
dearadh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Agreed. This is my last Samsung product.

grisslyman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
What gives on the non responsiveness? Phones are a critical tool for people and Samsung is content with giving no go solutions, and sitting on their hands. The impression is that you're embracing this as a sales opportunity, and are waiting out your customers to cave. Pretty unacceptable
grisslyman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
One week later and zero response. Samsung is acting despicably
bammitsrachel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

agreed. we need an update to fix it the same way we had an update break it. ive had samsung phones for yrs. its real simple....if its using the s pen until my phone is paid off or i need a new phone ...ill be switching to iphone or any phone thats not samsung. they wanna blame google, why is it only samsung users??? 

ciccibells
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I AM NEVER EVER going to accept doing an update AGAIN with samsung. EVER. 

my apps don't work anymore, can't find DRM settings on Samsung Internet. It's A JOKE

Never updating again

pinkknight
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

After updating my touchscreen completely stopped working. I can only use my pen. I tried the temporary fix Samsung suggested and it did not work!! What am I supposed to do?

GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Here is a temporary fix while it's being resolved and a permanent patch is available https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-offers-temporary-fix-galaxy-s23-touchscreen-issue-one-ui-6-1/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

pinkknight
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I already tried that but it didn't work 😞 thank you anyway
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Since that didn't work you would need to contact Samsung support for a service ticket to either ship in your device or take it too a authorized Samsung repair center
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Members_FdDciqu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I spoke with their tech support for my s23 ultra that is 13 months old. They suggested only this basic troubleshooting but continuously tried to push me into buying a new phone even though I'm still paying for the one they ruined with the update. Completely useless.