JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why did you remove Beauty Filter in VIDEO REAR CAMERA?

(Topic created: 07-12-2023 09:11 AM)
Martinp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi! 

We produce content for instagram and social medias. We upgraded from the S21 pro to S23 Ultra because of the camera. Yet, we just found out that the BEAUTY FILTER has been removed from the VIDEO REAR CAMERA and now can only be found on the SELFIE CAMERA! 

This is a total game changer, and unless anyone out there can inform us that it is a switch we need to flip on that we didn't see somewhere in the settings, we'll have no choice but to return the phone to the store! 

Is there any way at all to activate the beauty filter on the rear video camera in order to filter the skin? 

Thank you

Martinp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Martinp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for the suggestion. However I tried all video modes and resolutions, and the option does not appear at all, not even greyed out. 

I ended up calling Samsung Support, and after some research, support informed me that the option is NOT available in video mode for the rear camera on the S23 Ultra.  Hard to beleive, but yeah, they REMOVED that feature from previous phones.  

View solution in context

9 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried changing the video resolution? For example on my Note 20 Ultra if I have video resolution set at UHD 30 the beauty filter is grayed out and not an option but if I change the setting to FHD 30 the filter option becomes available.
Solution
Martinp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for the suggestion. However I tried all video modes and resolutions, and the option does not appear at all, not even greyed out. 

I ended up calling Samsung Support, and after some research, support informed me that the option is NOT available in video mode for the rear camera on the S23 Ultra.  Hard to beleive, but yeah, they REMOVED that feature from previous phones.  

Options
Galaxy S23
There are only about a million beauty apps in the play store...
0 Likes
Mesha1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

It’s very inconvenient to use them and most apps won’t give you the exact same video quality.

fgo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
They ALL COST EXTRA. Why are you being nasty?
Mesha1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yeah! This is extremely disappointing!!! I just bought the S23 ultra 14 days ago and I only bought it to shoot videos with it and I just noticed today that the smooth skin option doesn’t exist! I also tried playing with the settings but nothing worked!

I have the Note 10 ultra and I needed that upgrade but I’m returning the S23 U today because of this! I don’t understand why Samsung removed it? It’s why people love Samsung cameras! I mean majority.

I hope to see it back in the future but until then I will stick to my old phone.

0 Likes
Meg Wael
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

You're right, and it sucks .. It happened after a software update. Have you checked if we downgraded to the older version, would the feature be back .. and if yes, how do we downgrade?

usero1X4awetWi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi Martinp

Had the same problem.. Any solution you found? I might as well go change my phone to iPhone then? 

javierlosa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Very disappointed with the disappearance of this function (Face effects) 😕