Original topic:

Why does not my yubikey passkeys don't work on Galaxy devices?

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
zentryfa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Galaxy S23 and a tab S9 Ultra and I've tried my yubikey as passkey on multiple OneUI versions already and none of them work. The yubikey led simply flashes rapidly after I put my finger, indicating an internal error. The same yubikey works on Linux.

I already contacted yubico and they said it's a known issue with Samsung and that they do not have control over.

I think it's very sad that I cannot use my yubikey with one of the most sold devices on earth. Will there ever be any fix for this?

3 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@zentryfa Have you reported it via the Samsung Members app? Support -> Error reports

That is the best way to get developers to look into it. This is a user to user discussion area. 

I've used Yubikey at a previous job but never to log into an Android or Chrome device. 

DonnieD83
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Instead of placing the key on the backside of the phone like it suggest, try placing it in the port. My works but only if I place it in the port. Hope this helps
Para Dox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have just finished a lot of compatibility testing on that exact same issue.

Please refer to the attached .jpg file - click to expand or right-click & 'Open image in new tab'.

Summary of findings in the 'Rules of Thumb' section.

"Passkey functionality - Yubikey 5C on Samsung S10+ (Android 12) and co-existence with Google Password Manager"

Samsung - Yubikey compatibility.jpg

0 Likes