Original topic:

Wifi is very slow, but data is very fast

(Topic created: Wednesday)
aslii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello. About 3 days ago, my phone started being very slow on internet side. When running a speed test, i am getting around 700mbps on both dl and up. But when it comes to browsing, it's very slow. If i switch to data, it's snappy as always.

I'm on a base S23. Wife has same issue on a S24+ but she's been having the issue longer than me.

It's definetly a device issue because:

-my phone was working fine until 3 days ago while my wife's was slow for weeks now but she thought our internet is having issues and didnt tell me

-all other devices are working fine such as laptops, samsung tablet, tv and ps5

-on data, which is much slower than my wifi, everything is loading up instantly

-tried it on a different network and it's the same

What i've tried: rebooting router, reset on network settings, rebooting phone and resetting, putting phone mac instead of randomized, disabled wifi settings such as to check for security threats etc, disabling wifi6 on router.

Anybody else still having this? I googled it and saw a lot of issues with this but from some time ago.

1 Reply
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@aslii When browsing is slow it is often caused by a DNS issue. Check to see what DNS server you are using when connected to Wifi. If the DNS is from your Wifi, your ISP may be having DNS issues. 

0 Likes