Original topic:

6.1.1 update removed groups in the Gallery

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Rich H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

6.1.1 has broken my gallery, I had loads of albums grouped now I click on the group and it says add album, I can see some albums when I view all but some still hidden in other photos. That will teach me for downloading updates early 

6 Replies
lovebabygirl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah I have been keeping all my albums for over 30 years now 47 years all kinds of my stuff is just gone so y give us the tools to backup our stuff from one phone to another if it's not going to be some kind of backup system to keep us from losing things on all systems. Because I put up a 3rd Email account to keep stuff safe n things still getting worse. Hopefully u get yours fixed soon. So sorry everyone is having trouble
0 Likes
Sdanbeck
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Those seems to be reoccurring for Samsung. I lost my entire albums groups.
mORiJade
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I also lost my album groups after last week's update. The albums and pics still exist, but don't show up in the gallery. If I try to create a new group, after I name it and save, it just disappears. I spent hours on the phone with Samsung & they have no idea. They sent me to a local store, but they also couldn't figure it out. I am SO disappointed in Samsung!
(Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra)
SuktasMazgas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Albums are still there, just press ungroup button and they will appear in the gallery. I have the same problem.

0 Likes
Yzmae
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Unselecting Merge Albums in the gallery settings fixed the problem for me šŸ™‚

user7Ay6093PBJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently upgraded the software and a couple of things I'm not happy about 

1. The edge bar got rid of the animation feature and pin feature too 
2. All I had a lot of group folders to make it easier to find photos based on categories now all the folders that were placed in groups are not accessible from the gallery you have to either go to My files or go on the search bar type the folder name and transfer all the photos to a new folder and not group or the same thing will happened again this is quite frustrating 
0 Likes