Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 02:03 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
132 Replies
RMR175
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same issue. Came from my s22 ultra which works perfectly on Android auto wired and Wireless to the s24 ultra which constantly says starting Android auto in Wireless mode and does not connect at all in wired mode
makipsee1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue here coming from s22 Android Auto worked fine on my wifes car (2019 Subaru legacy) and my mom's car (2021 Subaru Crosstrek). Now when I plug my phone into either car the only thing that happens is it charges the battery.
keigun
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

same issue here, hope either Samsung or Honda will fix it asap

userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a very infuriating solution that solved my problem. Android Auto is now working perfectly both with cable and Motorola wireless. Here is the infuriating part. All I did was go into every menu on my 2019 CRV infotainment head and look for a way to update the software. Never found one. When I came out this morning neither the cable or wifi worked. Spent a half hour going through all of the menu selections, and I mean all. Didn't change anything except some nav screen buttons and views. Also clicked on the wifi screen button for the android auto but didn't have a password. Test again and work fine through 3 restarts. Go figure!šŸ¤”

Members_jzntpat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I had the same problem with my Android app which was not working with my Galaxy S24. I went to google play on my phone and uninstalled the factory installed Android App. I reinstalled the Android App. I connected my phone to the car and rebooted the program. My problem is now resolved. 

danieljk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I did same as you did still don't work
danieljk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone fix this issue please let me know I need help
Options
Galaxy S24
My android auto has been very buggy with my s22 ultra hoping this 6.0 update helps it and doesn't make it worse! I think I'm going to wait on the s24 ultra sounds too buggy and I use my Android auto too much
0 Likes
danieljk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
S24 ultra Android auto isn't working, my other old samsung phone is working .Who can help please and thank you