Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 02:03 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
132 Replies
CottonDannz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Have the same issue, just purchased my S24+.   Android auto cuts out, freezes and reboots every few mins when playing music.

Ahmadhijazii98
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I hope you found a solution I'm having the same problem on my s24 ultra ...

0 Likes
userJBx2ShiYeq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Nope I'm experiencing the same thing with Android auto wireless
EliteSushi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Has any one else have connections issues with wireless android auto.? It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, I've tried to wipe Bluetooth connections on my car aswell on my phone but it continues with issue also a bunch of apps just crashing.

FreddyFresh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
No. But it sucks alot of juice. Like 6-8% per hour driven. I think that's alot
0 Likes
EliteSushi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have notice that as well.
0 Likes
FrankieW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes I have been having those issues with my BMW 330e, it is so annoying, specially when using maps around a busy city. I spoke to Samsung but they are giving me instructions for basic resets. I've cleared the cache in my Bluetooth tonight to see if that works as my Android auto is wireless. 

FrankieW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The car also doesn't connect automatically to the S24s Bluetooth when I start the car, does yours do the same? I have to select the phone each time. 

0 Likes
EliteSushi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, this happened to me repeatedly throughout the day.
0 Likes
userIePrNdo8MG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
At least ever 30 minutes
0 Likes