Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 02-11-2024 06:15 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
134 Replies
mrskiki
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same happens to me often. Music glitches out (even songs that are doenloaded so its not a service issue) then I've also noticed this phone is at least half as loud through my car as my iPhone was. I must turn it uo to almost full volume in my car & it still is too loud, this is for phone calls & music! Once someone called & instead of my car picking up the call my phone did. Also found out my phone was defaulted setting to where there was no call waiting so while I was on one call it sent the other straight to voicemail!
0 Likes
Shawn75
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am also having issues. I recently purchased the S24 Ultra as well. Worked fine for a few days in my 2020 Toyota Camry. Now it doesn't work at all. When I plugged it in now it just says USB Error on my car display. It's definitely not a car issue because I plugged in my S20 Ultra and it works just fine as usual. Samsung what is this issue and how do I fix it? So disappointed right now. Having so many connection issues with my brand new S24 Ultra.
0 Likes
raider08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
On the S24 Ultra when using Android Auto wirelessly, the phone's display goes blank and can't be activated at all.. no AOD, hitting the power button does nothing, double tap does nothing. After Android auto is disconnected, everything returns to normal.

I never had this issue with previous Samsung phones. Is this a bug, or a new "feature"?
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

If you're experiencing an issue with the display staying blank while using Android Auto on your Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra, it could be due to several reasons. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Power Settings: Ensure that the power settings on your phone are not causing the display to turn off during Android Auto usage.

• Go to Settings > Display > Screen timeout.
    • Set the screen timeout to a longer duration or choose "Stay on."
  2. Android Auto Settings: Check Android Auto settings to ensure that it's configured correctly.

• Open Android Auto on your phone.
    • Go to Settings within the Android Auto app.
    • Check for any specific display or power settings that might be causing the issue.
  3. Developer Options: If you have Developer Options enabled on your phone, check for any settings related to screen timeout or display behavior.

• Go to Settings > About phone.
    • Tap on "Build number" multiple times until Developer Options are enabled.
    • Check Developer Options for relevant settings.
  4. Update Android Auto: Ensure that your Android Auto app is up-to-date. Go to the Google Play Store, search for Android Auto, and update the app if a newer version is available.

5. Check Car Head Unit Settings: The issue might be related to the settings on your car's head unit. Check if there are any power-saving settings or screen timeout options on your car's display.

6. Samsung Support: If the issue persists, reach out to Samsung support for assistance. There might be specific details about your device or any known issues that they can address.

7. Android Auto Forums: Check Android Auto forums or community boards for any similar reports or discussions. Other users might have encountered and resolved similar issues.

8. Report to Android Auto: If the problem persists, consider reporting the issue to the Android Auto support team. They may provide specific guidance or investigate if it's a known bug.

Remember to restart your phone and car head unit after making changes to settings to ensure that the adjustments take effect. 

0 Likes
raider08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This isn't an Android Auto issue, it only occurs on the S24 / One UI 6.1
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I could be wrong, but from what I've read it seems that recent versions of Android Auto may now work only with the car's screen.

I hope someone else can provide better information for you.
0 Likes
raider08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The driving mode on the phone has been removed, but on devices other than the S24U, you can still use the phone while it's connected to Android Auto. Seems to be yet another nasty bug for the S24 series along with wireless charging not working properly.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I have no issues using the S24U while Android Auto is connected.

raider08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you using wired or wireless Android Auto? I'm using wireless, maybe that makes a difference.
0 Likes
DC30307
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I am also having this issue. If I try to wake the phone, it is actually waking, you can hear the clicks, but the screen stays black. A few times it has appeared to TRY to wake, the screen might briefly turn on, or only show part of the screen. This is a big issue for me, as I connect wirelessly, and the car stays active for some time after turning it off. So even if I turn off the car and get out, I can't use the phone if I'm still within wifi range of the car. Creates an issue trying to charge my car at a public charging station that requires an app to initiate the charge. I tried upgrading to the latest AA beta, but same behavior.