Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 02-12-2024 07:54 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
133 Replies
s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

yeah, I understand your frustration, however I've purchased and tried 3 seperate cables including manufacturers cables and have achieved no results. Happy to hear this was the fix for you though, unfortunately most of us dont have the same fix.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Because these days I am just too lazy to plug the phone in, i ususally just use the phone for navigation without using Android Auto. Since the phone is connected by Bluetooth for calls, I can answer and make calls anyway. Depending on how old your car is, i think a lot of early model usb ports are very low power and that may contribute to the disconnection problem, since the newer phones require higher power.
0 Likes
usermIM5l7Boxp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My android auto cuts off and on
0 Likes
Patrick1020
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue with S24 ultra

0 Likes
prajg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I am facing the same issue. The same vehicle with the same USB cable worked perfectly fine with my S22. I have tried clearing the cache of the app, removing the old phone from known phones list in my car but so far nothing worked.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello All,

In order to best troubleshoot this issue, it might be helpful to know what car (make and model year) you are having this issue with, and also if another device was connected to the car before.  I personally have a 2024 Camry Hybrid, and an S24 Ultra, and used Plug-In android auto all day last Saturday to get around to locations I had never been to before, and did not experience a disconnect for the entire day.  I am stating this to show that this might not be a Samsung issue, but may be with car compatibility, or the cables being used.

Please also ensure that you have updated Android Auto, as it may be disconnecting due to the device being too new to be in the "trusted devices" list.

s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Since posting this I have also used this in a 2024 camry a 2019 mustang gt350 and a kia soul. I dont believe it is the vehicle which is causing the issue. 

0 Likes
pw11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am using in a SEAT Ibiza. The same car that I have been using my Galaxy S22 Ultra without any issues for the past 2 years

0 Likes
goiner
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue on my mercedes metris 2021. Phone pairs and says android auto connected, then disappears.
Three different cables = no difference.

I may return phone for iphone
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

What are your USB settings?  You may need to enable USB Debugging in Developer Options to get it to connect the first time, then setting your USB connection setting to "File Transfer/Android Auto".

USB cable used is also important - Android Auto is notoriously finicky when it comes to which USB cables will work.  I've had good luck using Google branded USB cables for my last several phones and now the S24U.  

Android Auto (wired) worked for me the first time I connected the car - I did need to change the USB connection type as mentioned above after that initial connection.

0 Likes