Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 02:03 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
134 Replies
Bunk1970
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here. S22 worked fine on Audi A4. S24 doesn't do anything.

0 Likes
useriKcrc1GO8B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Got the Samsung update this morning and my Android Auto is now working properly.   Also working properly with my AA Wireless device.

Agus7in
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

SOLVED FOR ME: I had tried 3 different new cables, including one from Anker, but file transfer/android auto did not work, so I thought it was the software or the phone. They told me the software was unlikely given that I had tried all the possible solutions and COULD NOT CONNECT TO A LAPTOP (which I couldn't try before because my laptop was getting repaired!). Then went to get the phone repaired and they told me the phone was fine.  I couldn't believe it.  

The problem was the first new cable. But it wasn't simple that it just didn't work, the problem was that it somehow made the phone stop transferring data even with cables that worked!! That's why I couldn't figure it out. I needed to restart the phone before trying a cable that worked.

RECOMMENDATION: beware some cheap cables are rubbish, try connecting to a laptop, try restarting the phone before testing each cable. I had posted lots of other options before, so won't repeat them here.

Best of luck!

0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I keep telling people to just get the Google branded USB cables for Android Auto.  They are $20 but they work.

There was a post on the Google support forums around 5 years ago where one of the developers for AA recommended the Google cables specifically,  as those were the ones they tested with and were the most stable. 

0 Likes
userRFSD3P1G5u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

My S24 Ultra doesn't connect to Android Auto and also does not connect to PC via USB cable; can't use the DeX app or see the files on the device; brought to Samsung auth repair shop where they were unable to even run the official Samsung diagnostics because the USB connectivity was not working; they even replaced the USB port to no avail and decided it is likely a motherboard issue. I am currently struggling with Samsung regarding a replacement but am mentioning it here because you may want to check your phone for other USB connection issues besides the Android Auto to rule out a wider problem. 

0 Likes
Tmcfadden
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Android Auto has not been stable on my S24 Ultra. I've tried both wired and wireless and get the same results, lots of cutting in and out and sometimes just flat out disconnecting while using it the navigation and or YouTube music and that's on both factory and aftermarket radios.
Tmcfadden
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've also tried the network reset, which did not work
0 Likes
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had the same issue with android auto and my 24+, I've only ever had Samsung phones and this is the first one that's had issues. I use it wirelessly with an aftermarket radio but never had an issue with my 22+. It has improved with recent updates but definitely needs more work, which does suck. I am hoping for a fix soon
0 Likes
knj1999
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My device S23 Ultra won't stay connected to Android Auto or the hands-free link. It says couldn't connect to a device even with USB cable and my bluetooth is enabled.
0 Likes
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had this issue since I got the phone. No error message, just stops and starts (cuts out) while streaming despite having full signal and sometimes will completely reboot. It's gotten better (sort of) but definitely unusual as it never happened before
0 Likes