Original topic:

Anti-malware question

(Topic created: a week ago)
UKRocksall63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I read an article from Samsung saying that anti- malware apps are not needed for galaxy phones. Is this true? 
I can't get a straight answer from any of the search. engines, so can anyone answer this question without trying to sell me something?
30 Replies
D3F4LT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It doesn't. Knox by Samsung is a pretty solid security system. The video I linked gives a great explanation as to how Knox works.

https://youtu.be/a0BSUbY7iN4?si=HFBlg6h97VOaF8io
UKRocksall63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. I did watch the video and i'm going to going to wait and see if other responders are consistent with whatever information related to this they want to share. I mean consistent with what you shared with me.
So basically, what you shared with me will be the foundation of any knowledge base that I get to help me learn more about this.
Thanks again.
D3F4LT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Happy to help.
0 Likes
UKRocksall63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
šŸ‘šŸ¾
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

You don't need one because one is built in. You have to activate it, though, in settings/security/app security/app protection

It is not on by default, so you don't have to use it if you have a malware program you prefer.  So, when they say it's not necessary, it's because they already gave it to you.

UKRocksall63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I think that security part that you're talking about is only available on the S24+ plus and S24 ultra. I just have the plain 24, and i've never noticed it. I'll check again.
Thanks.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a A54, and its there. I had to look it up to write out the sequence.
UKRocksall63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Actually it is there, but it pertains to google play protect. I was thinking it was talking about something else.
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

No, there's, a setting right above Play protect to turn on app protection.
1719015313454.jpg1719015313462.jpg