Original topic:

Banding issue is not a Hardware issue. Check out the video I have made.

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 09:00 PM)
Its_aKaSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello All,

First check the video

https://youtube.com/shorts/XDCsUbBYHns?si=lH2Shy4LYT53SoKv

Hope you have watched the video now so - After reading posting several posts,threads I came to know that the banding we are getting due to SRGB color space which s24 ultra/S24 series using as it's default color space for SDR content.

I have checked the same with previous S series fold series and for those there are no banding though there also samsung used 8bit+FRC displays. it's happening because on previous devices they used DCIP3 colors on all accorss the device contents.

Now came to the point, The video I have made to show you guys that how DCIP3 color gamut present on HDR content can fix the banding issue.

It's clearly see that when I am playing the HDR content then display is showing DCIP3 colors and there if I am testing using https://testmyscreen.com/ then I am not getting any banding , it's preety smooth but when I am turning off the video, banding is again visible.

With hdr on via youtube video--

IMG-20240227-WA0008.jpg

Without HDR--

IMG-20240227-WA0002.jpg

I am requesting all of the members here , please don't get offended. I love samsung that's why I spend lot of money on it. Just see the facts and share your opinion.

Requesting samsung to bring back DCIP3 colorspace for vivid mode on all over the device contents and keep the SRGB for natural mode. Please Samsung we need this as display is looking worse with those bandings.

44 Replies
Rasenken
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello @Rydah please give us some form of update . It has been many months and there is no dcpi option given to us sill . I have banding everywhere but as soon as I play hdr content , the issue disappears . 

0 Likes
Its_aKaSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello @Rydah , please reach out to the respective team again and ask them to provide the similar colorspace options just like s23 ultra. It's been 4 months now. I am now frustrated by seeing the color  banding issue on multiple places in the UI. Please do something otherwise we will loose our trust to samsung.

Its_aKaSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi @Rydah ,

Any update on this?

Please give a response atleast. 

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey there.

I never heard back from Samsung regarding this issue. Sorry, I have nothing helpful to report at this time.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
mr_K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I specifically registered to support the topic. Banding is horrible. You can see it everywhere every day. I have hundreds of examples where this happens. I can't even evaluate the quality of the photo taken due to problems with the screen. Insanely annoying. I can't understand how quality control could allow this to happen. No patches from Samsung, no information about the problem. And not a single blogger said a word about it. The photo shows just a comparison of screens in youtube S24U versus the old galaxy S20 FE.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

0 Likes