Original topic:

Bluetooth - How to connect my phone to my PC

(Topic created: Thursday)
user4CyHCdN09z
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I want to connect my phone to my Windows 11 pc through my Bluetooth. When I turn on my Bluetooth on my phone, it shows a list of 'paired devices'. the name of my PC shows up in the list. when I click on my device in the list of paired devices, the only message I get is 'could't connect'.

When I open up 'show Bluetooth devices' on my PC, under other devices,my PC is listed here. However, it says it's 'not connected'. when I double click on my PC name or right click the name, it does nothing. 

Ive tried removing it and re-pairing it, and I get the same results.

what could I possibly be doing wrong?

How do I successfully set up my boothtooth on my android phone so I can connect it to my pc.

7 Replies
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Question: Are you using the "Link To Windows" app?
I seem to have seamless connection from my phone to Windows 11 pc.
user4CyHCdN09z
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My question was clearly about why can't I connect my phone to my pc using bluetooth. i'm not asking about anything else.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Question: not that it *should* make a difference, but did you do the initial pairing from the PC or the phone? Whichever way you did it, unpair the devices and try again the other way sn see if that helps.
0 Likes
user4CyHCdN09z
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

this worked. I don't know how I originally initiated the process, but this time I initiated the process from my phone. it asked to verify the code first

However when I turn off Bluetooth on my phone it says in other devices on the PC, my phone is not connected. so when I turn Bluetooth back on, on my phone it sees my PC, but when I select it, it trys to connect, and I get a message back 'couldn't connect'

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@user4CyHCdN09z Why do you want to connect your phone to your PC via Bluetooth?

As a test, I just did it to my Mac and it connected successfully (calls only). Then I tried my work laptop running Windows 11 and it also connected successfully. 

No idea why the PC shows up in it's own list of BT devices. Seems like an error. I don't see that on my work PC. 

0 Likes
user4CyHCdN09z
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Because i want to gain access to my files, etc stored on my phone so I don't have to use a USB flash drive or connect my phone to my PC using a cable. Isnt that how it works? 

Anyway, I tried the suggestion from @realaud and it worked. But I still can't see files from my PC and phone, and vice versa.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

If what you want is to wirelessly connect your computer and phone for file transfer, go to the play store and download Asus Zen file manager. It has a resource to connect via Wi-Fi for file transfer through a web browser. I use it all the time. I used to have an Asus phone and I never gave up the file manager for just this reason. It won't interfere with Samsung file manager and doesn't require switching default file manager to use it. Just open it like any other app.
1719003723012.jpg

0 Likes