Original topic:

Buzzing/Hiss/White noise when wired headphones are connected

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 02:20 PM)
dr01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I recently received my S24 Ultra and i plugged my sennheiser ie900 with the official samsung typec to 3,5mm dongle and there is static noise whenever the phone makes a noise like a notification or music is paused and played, for example if i receive a notification there is this hisss before and after for a couple of seconds, if i pause a track you can hear the hiss again for a few seconds and during quiet segments on a track you can hear the hisss/white noise/buzzz.

The port is clean the device is 5 days old.

It does this only with wiered headphones/earphones, on Bluetooth everything is ok but i preferred my wiered IEM.

Could my device be faulty or this is normal for a Ā£1500 device?

5 Replies
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
It could very well be your dongle. You need to create an error report under Support in this app. They will probably have you take your phone, dongle, and earphones to be checked out at one of their repair centers.
0 Likes
Wardonkey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My new s24 plus has this hiss that is constant with or without headphones. The speakers are trash. Also it's way more pronounced with headphones on and watching Netflix. What a "fantastic " flagship phone. Verizon is sending me and my wife new s24s. I have doubts this issue will be resolved
0 Likes
TimothyB1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same issue. Let me know if you fix this issue
0 Likes
Wardonkey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Is Samsing going to fix this stupid phone? Any update they might send that will fix the low volume sound issue? **bleep**, when volume is set to 50% it'd a whisper.
0 Likes
aadib111318
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here, its not the dongle. Apparently, i figure that if you turn on the airplane mode the static noise gone. Hope samsung fix this asap. 

0 Likes