Original topic:

S24 Shows (Searching) Instead of T-Mobile

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Fausta
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have had this problem since April and I Have put in another sim into another phone and it works fine. But for some reason, if i put in on my other phone and put it back on the s24 it shows T-Mobile but then it goes away.

8 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

It could possibly be the antenna, since it appears not to be a defective SIM.  You could try to see if you can borrow a friend or relative's sim (from another carrier) to put in your phone or buy a cheap pre-paid sim and purchase the minimum amount of time.  If another carrier's SIM does not find a signal, then your antenna is defective.

You can run the phone diagnostics (go to settings/device care/diagnostics) to check the mobile network.  For some reason Samsung chose not to have a diagnostic on the antenna itself.  If your phone is still under warranty, contact Samsung for service or replacement.  If you are having this problem since April, you are likely beyond the return period for the phone.  You can put in an error report (settings/general management/contact us), but you would be better off contacting Samsung service by phone for warranty issues.

0 Likes
poky3210
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Sometimes when you switch phones you have to call T-mobile to get them to straighten it out if happened to me
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't understand why, if you started having the problem in April, you didn't call T-Mobile or Samsung right away, or at least in May.  Why wait til half past June having no cell service that you are paying for?

0 Likes
Fausta
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have called both Samsung And TMobile and Both could not fix the problem and they do not know what caused this to happen
0 Likes
Fausta
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It atleast went to their store at Tmobile and still the problem continues
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
If your phone is still under warranty, tell Samsung you want warranty service or replacement under warranty. If your SIM works in another phone, the problem has to be with your phone. Have you tried the diagnostic? Factory reset? If yor phone is under warranty, it's Samsung's job to find out what the problem is, not just shrug snd say they don't know.
0 Likes
Fausta
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yup I tried factory reset and everything else but it does not work
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

Then call Samsung and insist on warranty support or replacement. If the antenna went bad, it may be able to be replaced. If you are out of warranty, then go to a ubreakifix store and see if they can diagnose and fix the problem at a price that you find acceptable.

0 Likes