JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Have to restart phone to make calls

(Topic created: Wednesday)
userVCWHo2CqY9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
First, I actually had this problem in my Galaxy S21, and I thought it was the phone. So, I got the S24 Ultra. And now the problem is on this phone, as well.

Often, I will try to make a call, but when I hit send, it drops the call. I'll restart the phone, and it will work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Check this out: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001613/

If you can't get it working after those steps, it'd be an issue with your carrier - I would reach out to them directly regarding the service. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

Does this happen in many places or one or two in particular?  Do you have wi-fi calling and keep it on?  You may actually have an unstable cell signal in places where this is happening.  If you are usually connected to wi-fi in those places (work, home), the wi-fi calling feature will choose the better network for calls.  Try it and see what happens.

userVCWHo2CqY9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It has happened in various places, all with adequate cell reception. Off of memory, I don't think it has happened when I'm connected to wifi.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

You say adequate cell reception, do you mean you have full or almost full bars?  Full bars does not mean stability or quality, just that you have a strong connection to a tower. It does not hurt anything to keep the wi-fi calling on and may help you. The worst that happens is your problem remains and then you can turn it off and tell me I was wrong.  How are you going to solve a problem if you won't troubleshoot?

0 Likes
Loulouhen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Having an issue with .you mute button. When making a call /or receiving a call it want allow me to be. heard I have to keep punching until the light goes out and vice virus. I have been having this issue for over 2 months and very tired of it.. can someone help?????? Thank you
0 Likes
userVCWHo2CqY9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Post your own thread so they might see it.
0 Likes
userVCWHo2CqY9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't turn wifi calling off, so that would not have anything to do with it, not connecting a call when only on a cell connection. We're that that was the only issue.
0 Likes
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Check this out: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001613/

If you can't get it working after those steps, it'd be an issue with your carrier - I would reach out to them directly regarding the service. 

0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I personally am having this issue as well with my s24 ultra. Mostly when I am on wi-fi. I've tried multiple different troubleshooting steps, it's driving me nuts. Any suggestions @LeoWyatt89? Considering I've done basically every troubleshooting step except for a factory data reset?
userVCWHo2CqY9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is it happening with your ability to text, as well? It is with me.
0 Likes